Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How to get Camber Alignment right after a lift

Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kevin
avengedkevinfold's Tacoma Gallery
Self Alignment How To

Alignment after a 5100 lift. Anybody know if there are how to's floating around that are tacoma specific?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
How to get Camber Alignment right after a lift

I'll be installing the bilstien 5100s this weekend on my 2011 2wd.

I've read that getting the camber aligned can be very difficult after a lift (unless I purchase a new UCA). I'm holding off on the UCA for now...

I think it's the camber that is the most difficult after a lift right?

Does anybody have any tips on how I can get the camber aligned properly? Any common remedies/tricks?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
nope just find a decent alingment guy......
you should be fine
Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
What is the difference between a lift time alignment and a one time alignment?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
nope just find a decent alingment guy......
you should be fine
what he said
Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengedkevinfold View Post
What is the difference between a lift time alignment and a one time alignment?
he meant lifetime alignment.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengedkevinfold View Post
Alignment after a 5100 lift. Anybody know if there are how to's floating around that are tacoma specific?
OP, I got my truck aligned immediately after I put the lift on, and as everything settled the alignment seemed to go to shit. I ended up doing another about 1 month after the install.

This is why I think it's a good idea to fork out for the lifetime alignment from Firestone.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natetroknot View Post
he meant lifetime alignment.