Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Another lift question.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Another lift question.

i currently have 5100s on the front set on the highest setting with a 1.5" toytec AAL in the rear, so my question is how come my front end is so much lower when the bilsteins are supposed to lift the truck 2.5"?

i measured the truck and i got LF:37 1/4 RF:37 LR:39 1/4 RR:37 1/4

is there something completely wrong here cause this doesnt look right to me.. i dunno if you can see it very well but ill toss up some pics

my guess is something is worn out like maybe the front coil springs but if you guys have any idea that would be much appreciated. thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Another lift question.-2011-01-24-15.36.22.jpg   Another lift question.-2011-01-24-15.36.52.jpg  
Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i measured the truck and i got LF:37 1/4 RF:37 LR:39 1/4 RR:37 1/4
Are you on level ground 1 1/2" difference from side to side in the back don't sound right. And how are you getting the same on the front and the back on the right side?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
oh my bad. basically 37 in front and 39 in rear on both sides..
Old 01-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
oh my bad. basically 37 in front and 39 in rear on both sides..

Oh okay that makes more sense I like the stance of your truck but if you want it to go down in the back toss 200lbs of sand bags in it for a month or so.

What tire size are you running?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #5

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
32x11.50x15 BFG A/T and they are awesome . i love my truck and all but i just feel that something isnt right with the front end, im thinking about ordering some eibach coil springs to see if it fixes it or not but i figured id consult TW first