Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Local Toyota Suspension TSB

Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Local Toyota Suspension TSB

So took my truck to Toyota today and told them whenever i had a few hundred pounds of load in the back of the truck, it would bottom the rear out and have a harsh ride to it. I printed out the Rear Harsh Ride form from the company and took it to them and they said not a problem they would order the parts.

The mechanic told me according to the form, basically to fix the harsh ride the only thing they would do is loosen up the rear springs which would soften up the ride but when i have a load in it the rear is going to bottom out. He said he didn't know what would come in with the order to fix it but thats more then likely what they would do.

I even played on dumb like well the way Toyota talked where the rear has 3 leafs to fix the harsh ride when loaded, they would simply put another leaf spring on there.. I mean really if it is bottoming out when i have a load in the bed (which is what i told him) why in the world would they loosen the springs to make it bottom out anymore?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
So took my truck to Toyota today and told them whenever i had a few hundred pounds of load in the back of the truck, it would bottom the rear out and have a harsh ride to it. I printed out the Rear Harsh Ride form from the company and took it to them and they said not a problem they would order the parts.

The mechanic told me according to the form, basically to fix the harsh ride the only thing they would do is loosen up the rear springs which would soften up the ride but when i have a load in it the rear is going to bottom out. He said he didn't know what would come in with the order to fix it but thats more then likely what they would do.

I even played on dumb like well the way Toyota talked where the rear has 3 leafs to fix the harsh ride when loaded, they would simply put another leaf spring on there.. I mean really if it is bottoming out when i have a load in the bed (which is what i told him) why in the world would they loosen the springs to make it bottom out anymore?

You should take it somewhere that has actually performed this tsb before. Sounds like those guys have no idea what they are talking about. I wouldn't let them touch my truck.

Check out this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ht=dealers+tsb
Old 01-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
HARDCORE CARNIVORE BOW HUNTER
lynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
lynyrd3's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lynyrd3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You should take it somewhere that has actually performed this tsb before. Sounds like those guys have no idea what they are talking about. I wouldn't let them touch my truck.

Check out this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ht=dealers+tsb
Thats for sure !
Old 01-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah i printed out the form and it had listen as parts ubolts, leafs, etc. so idk.. I'm going to see what comes in first and if it isn't a leaf and they try to get around it then screw that.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
That is worse than being stupid- that's being deceitful. Either that tech read the TSB and decided to try to lie to you about what it means or he lied to a TON of people to get his certification.
Either way...I'd think long and hard about letting that clown work on your truck...He doesn't seem to bright...
Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
I'm going to see what comes in first and if it isn't a leaf and they try to get around it then screw that.
Just to clarify, it's not a leaf. It an entirely new leaf pack.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
jerryota is on a distinguished road
jerryota's Tacoma Gallery
I took my truck in today with 5m of warranty left they are ordering the parts for TSB I have 2008 4X4 access non-TRD The dealer explained non TRD also gets front and back shocks installed along with extra leaf springs his thought was these shocks are an upgrade from the originals but he really wasn't sure Has anybody got the shocks replaced and what are they? The shocks do not get replaced on TRD just springs they have the Billy's
Old 01-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #9

Correct. If its non TRD they replace the shocks i'm pretty sure.