1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Local Toyota Suspension TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MedlinAround, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Jan 25, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    MedlinAround

MedlinAround [OP] Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD off-road edition Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    So took my truck to Toyota today and told them whenever i had a few hundred pounds of load in the back of the truck, it would bottom the rear out and have a harsh ride to it. I printed out the Rear Harsh Ride form from the company and took it to them and they said not a problem they would order the parts.

The mechanic told me according to the form, basically to fix the harsh ride the only thing they would do is loosen up the rear springs which would soften up the ride but when i have a load in it the rear is going to bottom out. He said he didn't know what would come in with the order to fix it but thats more then likely what they would do.

I even played on dumb like well the way Toyota talked where the rear has 3 leafs to fix the harsh ride when loaded, they would simply put another leaf spring on there.. I mean really if it is bottoming out when i have a load in the bed (which is what i told him) why in the world would they loosen the springs to make it bottom out anymore? :confused:

2. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:

You should take it somewhere that has actually performed this tsb before. Sounds like those guys have no idea what they are talking about. I wouldn't let them touch my truck.

Check out this thread:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...med-suspension-tsb.html?highlight=dealers+tsb

3. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
  4. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    Yeah i printed out the form and it had listen as parts ubolts, leafs, etc. so idk.. I'm going to see what comes in first and if it isn't a leaf and they try to get around it then screw that.

5. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That is worse than being stupid- that's being deceitful. Either that tech read the TSB and decided to try to lie to you about what it means or he lied to a TON of people to get his certification.
    Either way...I'd think long and hard about letting that clown work on your truck...He doesn't seem to bright...

6. Jan 25, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just to clarify, it's not a leaf. It an entirely new leaf pack.

7. Jan 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I know that's what I meant. Thanks tho

8. Jan 28, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    jerryota

jerryota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Penn
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    I took my truck in today with 5m of warranty left they are ordering the parts for TSB I have 2008 4X4 access non-TRD The dealer explained non TRD also gets front and back shocks installed along with extra leaf springs his thought was these shocks are an upgrade from the originals but he really wasn't sure Has anybody got the shocks replaced and what are they? The shocks do not get replaced on TRD just springs they have the Billy's

9. Jan 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Correct. If its non TRD they replace the shocks i'm pretty sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top