Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Got the Spindles- Now what

Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #41
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
I would start the spindle install. Take your spindle and hub off. Then take the stock coilover out. If you have a second vehicle take it. Or have someone take you. Take the coilovers and new shock to a shop. Should be about 20 minutes. Then head back and finish install. Call local auto shops and ask them if they have a spring compressor and if so how much to swap out two shocks. Tell them you are bringing the coilovers to them and they don't need to take them off the truck. Call around and get the lowest price.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #42
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Coltstrd got his shocks assembled for $50 at sierraexpedition in Tempe.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:23 AM   #43
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I would have been looking for spindles on craigslist...I live in Arizona also and could have snagged the amazing deal you got!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #44
"Obviously, You're not a Golfer..."
swervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FCC(SW) Aegis FCS, Soon to Be LCPO on the USS BULKELY
Name: Jonas
swervin22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
I would start out with the 5100's all around since you are on a budget. It will ride great until you want to upgrade to what yotadan said earlier.

With the spindle lift I would go with a 305 tire, looks much better than a 285 with a 4" lift.
Will the 305's fit with no rubbing? Obviously other than the front splash guard area..... Guess Im asking, you dont have to do the body mount chop? That would be a deciding factor on MY selection of tires.... I had the 285/70/17's on my Reg cab, and thats all I had to trim after the spacer lift...
Old 03-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #45
"Obviously, You're not a Golfer..."
swervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FCC(SW) Aegis FCS, Soon to Be LCPO on the USS BULKELY
Name: Jonas
swervin22's Tacoma Gallery
305's bump