Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Got the Spindles- Now what

Old 01-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
Got the Spindles- Now what

Hey guys I have a stock 06 prerunner and im about ready to pull the trigger on a suspension build. I am trying to do it as cheap as possible (buying used). Right now i just picked up a set of camburg 4 in spindles used for $600 and i couldn't pass it up. What else do i need to start the build? What are the steps i need to take? What are the stages i should do it in? Ive been reading the forums and i am reading that i should wait on UCAs, get new shocks, will need wheel spacers, and all sorts of stuff. What do i really need to get this show on the road?

Sorry for all the noob questions.

I am looking to do light off road, as it is now the front clearance just isn't cutting it. Thanks for any help guys! Pics to come soon.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
slap those suckers on.....

dont think u need shocks or UCA since the spindles keeps everything the saem, excpet for the lift......

maybe a block to bring the rear up to match the front since ur on a budget.....but the best would be to get a AAL'S or a new left pack that will bring it up.....

then i think ur good to go
Old 01-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Right now I just have the stock rims with whatever size came from factory. Im not looking to go huge on the tires since im reading a lot about tire rub and what not. What do you recommend?

Thanks for the tips!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Since you already got lift from the spindles, I would get a set of Icon, or Camburg coilvers, Adjust them all the way down so they are just at stock height and you will have a sweet riding front end.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dira1987 View Post
Right now I just have the stock rims with whatever size came from factory. Im not looking to go huge on the tires since im reading a lot about tire rub and what not. What do you recommend?

Thanks for the tips!
285/70/17 should fit. It's a 33" tire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Since you already got lift from the spindles, I would get a set of Icon, or Camburg coilvers, Adjust them all the way down so they are just at stock height and you will have a sweet riding front end.
True, but he is on a budget.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #8

with the new rear leafs will my payload that i can fit in the bed decrease?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Get longer brake lines with those spindles.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dira1987 View Post
with the new rear leafs will my payload that i can fit in the bed decrease?
You can choose different leaf packs. OME give 2.5" and let you carry a lot. I have carried a lot with my All Pros but they are more for flex.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Name: Tony
tony92629's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
For light offroading I say just get 5100's at all 4 corners. Fronts set at 0. No need for ucas. In the rear I would get an All Pro 3" Leaf Pack. Its what I got and I sit level.
X2
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
first thing is first. I will need you to sell me those spindles, Ill give you 650 for them.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'll buy your old spindles when you install the new ones.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #14
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
I'll buy your old spindles when you install the new ones.
ill buy your lift spindles when you install the OEM ones

that is if you have lift spindles
Old 01-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #15
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nope I plan on chopping them up to make custom lift spindles for my next LT kit
Old 01-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #18
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Patience......hold on let me look that word up................................................ .................................................. ...........................................damn'it I dont want to be patient
Old 01-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
Patience......hold on let me look that word up................................................ .................................................. ...........................................damn'it I dont want to be patient
You had patience while you went and looked up the word. So i'm sure you can do it!