Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toyo MT's VS. BFG MT's

Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
Sprink21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
Sprink21's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo MT's VS. BFG MT's

I need help decideing. these tires, which ever I decide will be used 80% HWY and 20% offroad. I live in the NorthWest and it rains every day it seems like so im looking for a good wet street MT. The off road driving that i do is mostly fire roads and trails in summer and in winter when there covered in snow. Not too much mud but not ruling it out. anyone with either one of these tires PLEASE tell me the pros and cons. Thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
If you're driving 80% road, much of the time wet, and on snow, MTs make no sense at all for you.

Are the looks really that important?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
KM2's for sure.. but if you are gonna be 80 and 20 then why go with a M/T? Go with an all terrain. KM2's are the best for wet roads, but a A/T will always give you better traction on wet roads. That's my .02, if you really want M/Ts go with KM2s over the Toyos.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
Sprink21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
Sprink21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I love the looks of the MT's.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
If you're driving 80% road, much of the time wet, and on snow, MTs make no sense at all for you.

Are the looks really that important?
x2

goodyear silent armor or any "normal" A/T will be fine... too many mall crawlers in the world already... M/Ts on a street truck are dumb, mts are not good for fire roads, snow, wet pavement.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Oregon and my KM2's suck in packed snow and ice, as well as on curvy wet roads. I've unintentionally drifted around a few corners on wet pavement and thats not a fun feeling when you're not expecting it. KM2's are about useless in snow from my experience here at 4200ft el.
my $.02

For usage as you described, look at some GY Duratrac's. I wish I had them now instead of my KM2's.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprink21 View Post
Yeah I love the looks of the MT's.

A lot of money to waste. ATs will get you more mileage of wear and perform better in the conditions you describe.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I live in Oregon and my KM2's suck in packed snow and ice, as well as on curvy wet roads. I've unintentionally drifted around a few corners on wet pavement and thats not a fun feeling when you're not expecting it.
my $.02

For usage as you described, look at some GY Duratrac's. I wish I had them now instead of my KM2's.
duratracs work really well on everything ive used them on. Except they are too soft for sharp rocks and chunk a little bit.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
KM2's are way cheaper than Toyo's! But prob AT's will be better for those conditions. There's a dude at work with 285 AT/KO's and they look beastly!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
i personally love the way toyo open country mt's look but i have km2s ahah