1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warranty

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Calijavier81, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jan 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    Calijavier81

Calijavier81 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DblCab TRD Sport 4x4
    Stock
    I'm new to the Tacoma forum and this may be a dumb question, but does a lift kit void the Toyota Warranty? I'm looking at lifting it 3" with either bilstein 5100 with AAL OR a Toytec ult. kit. Inputs and advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

My taco:
    11 TRD Sport DblCab 4x4
    Adding:
    Fuel Hostage 18" Wheel wrapped with Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/60R18

2. Jan 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Go read up on the Moss Maggnusson Act.

3. Feb 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    ninjanate

ninjanate Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Brigham city UT.
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4X4 double cab long bed
    custom light bar w/extra reverse light. blacked out tail light mod. Satoshi grille mod. Goodyear Wrangler Dura Tracs 265-70R-17.
    I went and read the act but I am still confused with very specific things such as the ultimat lift kit. Can anyone with the ultimate lift kit please chime in and let me know if you have had any problems with your warranty after the install of the ultimate lift kit. :cheers:

4. Feb 4, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Which brand/type of part you install doesn't matter. How it relates to the failure is the important part.

If you put the ultimate lift kit in and the electrical system or engine starts to have issues- They are NOT related and your warranty is intact. If you start to chew up CV joints or something else related to the suspension-You are going to have a harder time getting coverage. It is also incumbant on the dealer to proce the modification caused the problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top