Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Progressive Leaf pack installation

Old 01-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kevin
avengedkevinfold's Tacoma Gallery
Progressive Leaf pack installation

I've bought a ICON progressive 3 leaf pack which is supposed to give the truck 1.5 inches of lift.

The directions tell me to remove the stock overload leaf and then place the new leafs in. I've heard of people leaving in the stock overload leaf though.

Should I leave mine in? What are some of the pros and cons to leafing the overload leaf in there?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
added hieght....
you can keep it in
Old 01-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
avengedkevinfold's Tacoma Gallery
changes

how much height? does it make the back suspension any stiffer or softer or what?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Id assume that the additional height gain from leaving the overload in would be the thickness of the spring. The overload does not provide any preload it is just there for additional support with heavy loads.

I believe. lol
Old 01-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
Id assume that the additional height gain from leaving the overload in would be the thickness of the spring. The overload does not provide any preload it is just there for additional support with heavy loads.

I believe. lol
Correct.

OP: make sure your u-blots are long enough. Their should be about half an inch left above the threads.