Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach upgrade

Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach upgrade

Getting the Eibachs put in next week. The alignment tech is awesome. Shouldn't have any alignment issues with this set up correct? My other question is how does the 1/4 spacer go on the drivers side? A picture would be nice. Right on top of the coil under the top shock mount? Or ????
Old 01-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
You are gonna love the Eibachs...I love mine!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You'll need an alignment after the install, but they should easily be able to get it in spec at only 1.6" of lift. The thin spacer goes on top of the top-plate of the shock assembly.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I won't need longer top mount shock plate screws to add the 1/4 spacer correct? it won't just be the 1.6 inches of lift. The 5100's will be at .85
Old 01-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
You should get right at 3" of lift if you are a prerunner and about 2.5 for a 4x4
Old 01-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
No you don't need new screws for 1/4"
Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 AM   #7
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
I won't need longer top mount shock plate screws to add the 1/4 spacer correct? it won't just be the 1.6 inches of lift. The 5100's will be at .85
With the Bilsteins set at .85 and the Eibachs don't be surprised if the alignment tech can't get enough caster. Some have this issue and some don't. My 5100s are set at 2.5 and the best they could do on my caster is 1.7 on the driver's side and .8 on the passenger's side. I now need to purchase UCAs to get everything back in spec. It doesn't drive bad at all though. No pull at all. I'm not trying to scare you. Just be prepared. There are a lot of people at 2.5" of lift that have had no issues getting alignment in spec.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #8
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I have new tires on it, am I going to start chewing them up? Now I am scared to have this stuff installed. Most people say no alignment issues, can anyone chime in on this?
Old 01-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #9
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Getting the Eibachs put in next week. The alignment tech is awesome. Shouldn't have any alignment issues with this set up correct? My other question is how does the 1/4 spacer go on the drivers side? A picture would be nice. Right on top of the coil under the top shock mount? Or ????
I'm interested in getting some Eibachs myself. How much did u end up paying for them? Are they used or new? Thanks!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #10
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
I'm interested in getting some Eibachs myself. How much did u end up paying for them? Are they used or new? Thanks!
Son i told you how much they were! Dont you listen Toytec has them for $149.00 plus there is a 10% discount for TW members
Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #11
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have new tires on it, am I going to start chewing them up? Now I am scared to have this stuff installed. Most people say no alignment issues, can anyone chime in on this?
Caster being a little out of spec is not going to cause tire wear issues. Camber and toe being out is what wears tires. The only issue I am having with running less caster is that the truck feels a little more twitchy on the interstate at 70+ mph. Like I said, you may not have any trouble getting yours to spec. I wasn't trying to scare you.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #12
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Son i told you how much they were! Dont you listen Toytec has them for $149.00 plus there is a 10% discount for TW members
Lol hey, old guy! I'm just trying to see if there are different prices out there I don't doubt your research at all Im still going with Toytec, but again, was just curious.

edit: in fact, the 4th is the big day that I place the order for the springs. and when tax money comes in: Bilsteins, baby! :headba ng::br ianr:
Old 01-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is fine. I have 2.6" of lift, and my alignment is OK- 1.9/ 2.08 caster, 0.6 camber (just like KPT has) and my toe is 0.02/ 0.03. Love the ride.