Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

SMALL VIBRATION HELP PLEASE

Old 01-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
dgreene is on a distinguished road
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
SMALL VIBRATION HELP PLEASE

Got 1.5 aal and 3/4 spacer put on top of my 5100's today have not got front end aligned yet thats tomorrow but have a small vibration going through 25 up and down any suggestins or should the alignment take care of that i hope. Thanks
Old 01-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Why did you put a 3/4 spacer on top of the 5100's? And what do you have them set at. The 5100's are not really designed to be used with spacers.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreene View Post
Got 1.5 aal and 3/4 spacer put on top of my 5100's today have not got front end aligned yet thats tomorrow but have a small vibration going through 25 up and down any suggestins or should the alignment take care of that i hope. Thanks
I've got 5100s (4) and the TSB and I have a slight rumble/vibration from 22-27 MPH on deceleration ONLY. I had the alignment done.

I know the situation is a little different, but the fact that your vibe is around 25 is a little curious.

I would think the vibration issue would be evident at other MPHs, not just 25.

Please post any info you get...
Old 01-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Why did you put a 3/4 spacer on top of the 5100's? And what do you have them set at. The 5100's are not really designed to be used with spacers.
Its the one that comes with the kit from toyotec it gives you the options for the spacers. It on there website with the 5100 and eibach kit as an option.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
My low speed vib was fixed with a carrier bearing drop. Try that.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
dgreene's Tacoma Gallery
vib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
I've got 5100s (4) and the TSB and I have a slight rumble/vibration from 22-27 MPH on deceleration ONLY. I had the alignment done.

I know the situation is a little different, but the fact that your vibe is around 25 is a little curious.

I would think the vibration issue would be evident at other MPHs, not just 25.

Please post any info you get...
Did the alignment take care of it. Thanks
Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the vibe coming from?

I'd go get it aligned and see if it goes away.

Any rear lift?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Where is the vibe coming from?

I'd go get it aligned and see if it goes away.

Any rear lift?
see the OP it has a 1.5" AAL
Old 01-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
see the OP it has a 1.5" AAL
Ahh I see....

Reading is hard, sorry

If it's coming from the rear OP can try a carrier bearing drop, or 1 pc DS.
Although with 1.5" your driveline angles shouldn't be too extreme.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #10
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreene View Post
Did the alignment take care of it. Thanks
Nope. That was AFTER the alignment. I didn't drive it before.