Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Remote Resi Location

Old 01-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Remote Resi Location

I have a quick question that I couldnt find an answer to.

This upcoming weekend I will be picking up some remote resi shocks for the rear of my truck. I'm going to be putting them on myself and had a quick question. Where do I put the resi and how do I keep it there?? I like the look of mounting it on the frame rail but is there a bracket needed? I was told to have tabs welded on but I feel like there's a simpiler solution. Any advice and maybe some pictures would be great!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Zip ties.
Duck tape.
Snooper Gloo.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05offroad View Post
I have a quick question that I couldnt find an answer to.

This upcoming weekend I will be picking up some remote resi shocks for the rear of my truck. I'm going to be putting them on myself and had a quick question. Where do I put the resi and how do I keep it there?? I like the look of mounting it on the frame rail but is there a bracket needed? I was told to have tabs welded on but I feel like there's a simpiler solution. Any advice and maybe some pictures would be great!
You can buy weld on resi mounts. thats the easiest / best way to mount to the frame. or you can buy rubber mounts and mount the resi to the shock piggy-back style.

http://www.superduty-hq.com/weldonreservoirmounts.aspx
Old 01-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
if they are OE replacements then there should be a bracket that bolts to the frame and holds the resi
Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
don't know what yours are coming with, but mine came with the bracket and a hose clamp. all i had to do was drill a hole in the frame to mount the reservior holder.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ar-shocks.html

These are the ones I'm getting. Having them rebuilt Monday and hopefully putting them on with new leafs tuesday morning. But they don't have brackets or anything with them. And when I talked to the guy at ORW he said weld tabs. Anyone know where to buy the brackets?? Are they bolt on?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
My other ride is a CH-47F
COOPALOOP is on a distinguished road

Army: CH-47 Flight Engineer
COOPALOOP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
don't know what yours are coming with, but mine came with the bracket and a hose clamp. all i had to do was drill a hole in the frame to mount the reservior holder.

I can't tell by the pictures, but do you have anything else in the rear? i.e. AAL or blocks?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #8
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COOPALOOP View Post
I can't tell by the pictures, but do you have anything else in the rear? i.e. AAL or blocks?
AAL & 3* shims