Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" coilovers and 33" grapplers?

Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
3" coilovers and 33" grapplers?

I am planning on putting these coils soon:

can i fit a 33x12.50R17 nit Mud grappler, i realize ill have to trim but how much exactly? and do you have any pics of your inner fenders cut?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
You going to have to do more then trim. you will have to chop the cab mount or you will rub at full lock.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

would 285's fit better?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Get new UCA's with that set-up. I'm running 285/70/17 (33/11.5) and I had to trim just about everything......Cab mounts, pinch weld, fenders and inner liners. That's with 3* caster and that would not be attainable w/o aftermarket UCA's. I also took off my sway bar and feel that's what caused a lot of rubbing with the extra uptravel.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Some do, others talk

okay. i may run the coilers and stick with 265's just because i don't want to trim a whole lot for resale purposes.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
An aggressive 265 would be fine for most wheeling I'd imagine.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
I must be the only person on this board running 305/70/16's with 3" of lift that does not hit the body mount, ever! and yes I do offroad but don't jump the truck or anything too nuts.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
mud grabblers rub more than other tires there size.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #9
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
OP did you get the grapplers or what? I want to get the Grapplers and new wheels so bad, I may end up not waiting till my current tires wear out, which would be a good year and a half from now.

This jeep is running 33x12.5x17 Grapplers on 9"wide Mickey Thompson classic lock wheels (polished).

Same wheels and tires I want but I'm trying to decide on getting that same size or 16x8 wheels with 305/70/16 Grapplers. I'm leaning more towards the 16" wheels, as I prefer more sidewall.

The white Tacoma has 35" tires and 3" of lift.
Attached Thumbnails
3" coilovers and 33" grapplers?-grappler1.jpg   3" coilovers and 33" grapplers?-grappler2.jpg   3" coilovers and 33" grapplers?-151.jpg  
Old 04-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #10
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
I hear you. I have OME 886 springs and the dakar leafs and have 285/75/16's and I am glad I went with bigger 285's over the 265/75's. I have aftermarket wheels with 4.5in bs. Do you have any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
I must be the only person on this board running 305/70/16's with 3" of lift that does not hit the body mount, ever! and yes I do offroad but don't jump the truck or anything too nuts.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #12
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Also depends on what wheel you are going to use
Old 04-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Get new UCA's with that set-up. I'm running 285/70/17 (33/11.5) and I had to trim just about everything......Cab mounts, pinch weld, fenders and inner liners. That's with 3* caster and that would not be attainable w/o aftermarket UCA's. I also took off my sway bar and feel that's what caused a lot of rubbing with the extra uptravel.
Your not rubbing because that tire size is not 33/11.5 it is actually 32.75x11.5x17
Old 04-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
Thats cause most of the guys complaining about rubbing think they have a 3inch lift but in reality they only have a 2.5 or a 2.75 inches of lift. Been there done that. Im running a True 33x12.50x17 not a metric size a true inces size, and i had to cut and chop to make them work
Old 04-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #15

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Thats cause most of the guys complaining about rubbing think they have a 3inch lift but in reality they only have a 2.5 or a 2.75 inches of lift. Been there done that. Im running a True 33x12.50x17 not a metric size a true inces size, and i had to cut and chop to make them work
From what I have gathered about Mud grappler sizes, I would stand a good chance of rubbing the body mount a smidge. Will find out someday.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #16
o2begrn is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlos
o2begrn's Tacoma Gallery
they rub a little on the body mounts ,,i mean very little,,,
Old 04-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
Scarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Scarab21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
would 285's fit better?
ive got 285/70/17 goodyear wrangler MTR's on my billies set at 2.5 (the ones shown but without the coilover)
and i barely rub.. its a great fit. the best fit. i think.
i have stock rims. so i got spidertrax on all 4. you need the spidertrax.

but looks amazing!