Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pics needed of 3" lift with fiberglass fenders

Old 08-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
Pics needed of 3" lift with fiberglass fenders

Hello
I would like to see some pic's of trucks with lifts and fiberglass fenders.
I saw a truck today that was stock height and and the glass works fenders. It looked so AWESOME in stock height. Looked just like a pro arena truck. I really want to do the 3in toytec lift with fiber fenders.
What would this look like guys!!!!!!
should I do it????? Need Pic's
Old 08-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have any pics, and i really dont know of anyone with the fiberglass fenders, but it should look pretty sweet. on the other hand......have you looked at the fender flares from bushwacker?? not fiberglass, but they have some very nice flares for the tacomas. just a thought!!! how much are a set of the glassworks fender flares anyway??
Old 08-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco

Old 08-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
www.glassworksunlimited.com

fenders are 400 a set. The truck in the pic's above is the 1 from there web site but I am not sure what lift if any and what tire size.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
I want them but I have the allpro bumper and it might looks funny with 2'' of fender hanging off.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #7
This is what I am going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks had a hold-up in their shipping due to an issue with the forms for the bumper end caps. (I think someone tripped and broke a mold or something...) Anyway, they've apparently straightened everything out and my fenders shipped late last week. I won't have time to install them before this Saturday so expect pictures from me after I get back from CA in about 3 weeks.

For those not in the know, all of the trucks shown so far have front long-travel suspensions installed. The longer arms make the truck about 5" wider and increase uptravel, which is why the fenders are needed.

For those interested, I'm installing the fenders without the long-travel setup so you'll have an idea how they'd look on an otherwise stock(ish) truck.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #9
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
man those trucks are ugly...LOL well the black one is anyhow... front is wide and rear axle is well not... I always hated how chevy 4x4's front axle is like 2" wider than rear always makes it look like you have smaller tires out back
Old 09-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Glassworks had a hold-up in their shipping due to an issue with the forms for the bumper end caps. (I think someone tripped and broke a mold or something...) Anyway, they've apparently straightened everything out and my fenders shipped late last week. I won't have time to install them before this Saturday so expect pictures from me after I get back from CA in about 3 weeks.

For those not in the know, all of the trucks shown so far have front long-travel suspensions installed. The longer arms make the truck about 5" wider and increase uptravel, which is why the fenders are needed.

For those interested, I'm installing the fenders without the long-travel setup so you'll have an idea how they'd look on an otherwise stock(ish) truck.
LMFAO. You called your truck stock

I wish I could afford long travel. Hell, I wish I could have an LT truck and a SAS'd truck. Dear Sweet Jesus, two Tacos would be awesome.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #11
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post

tease
Old 09-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #13
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
LMFAO. You called your truck stock

I wish I could afford long travel. Hell, I wish I could have an LT truck and a SAS'd truck. Dear Sweet Jesus, two Tacos would be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
tease
Fenders arrived yesterday. They're freaking sweet but I won't have time to install before I leave for CA tomorrow morning. Providing nothing goes horribly wrong while I'm at Barstow, those fenders will be the first project when I come back.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #14
wheel offset's

You are right about the Camburg truck having the extended arms. But if you look at the wheels the are not very deep. I have seen a stock height truck with the wide fenders and he had deep dish wheels and it looked awesome. Please post some pic's of your truck when you get back from Cali. I live out here and you aren't missing much! Stay home and work on your truck
Here are the wheel I want. in 17x9
Old 09-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #15
MJP2 when you going to be home??

I want to see those fenders
Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #16
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
Glass fenders on a stock suspension truck is like putting flames on a pinto. All show and no go.

That Camburg truck has $5,000 worth of suspension under those front fenders....
Old 09-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #17
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
all that but no aftermarket grille and BHLM

The Camburg dudes are more worried about building race trucks than what kind of gay aftermarket grille is on there....

Check em out and learn about fast trucks:

http://www.camburg.com/about.html
Old 09-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
Glass fenders on a stock suspension truck is like putting flames on a pinto. All show and no go.
Lurk more. You might learn something.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #19
HAHA learn what?? That putting some huge fender flares on with no significant suspension mod makes it cool???

I don't think any amount of lurking can justify that.....

ever read anything on dezertrangers.com or race-dezert.com???? There are a couple of places to learn. Thanks anyway hahahahaha.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #20

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
HAHA learn what?? That putting some huge fender flares on with no significant suspension mod makes it cool???

I don't think any amount of lurking can justify that.....

ever read anything on dezertrangers.com or race-dezert.com???? There are a couple of places to learn. Thanks anyway hahahahaha.
SCORE Class 7sx requires stock lower control arms. During racing, contact tends to be made between vehicles and sheetmetal fenders will bend rather than tear off and can damage tires.

Here's a picture of my most recent mod:

Lurk more, and I'll see you at the starting line for this year's Baja 1000.

Justified?