LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2001 Leaf Spring question

Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
2001 Leaf Spring question

i have a 2001 tacoma with a 3" suspension lift with has blocks in the back (yes i know its a crappy way to lift the truck) which has been on the truck for almost 4 years now. I have never noticed before but the leaf springs do not have a curve to them any more, they are pretty much staight with the front side a little further down than the rear, as if the were slightlty tilted forward. is this normal? or expected with adding blocks?
Old 01-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Your leafs are toast... Buy some from wheeler's and you'll be fine! They make a pack set up for a 3in lift...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheelers-off-road/

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacoleafs.htm
Old 01-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Our leafs sit pretty much flat but seeing how you have a 01 I would swap them out for some new ones or a temp fix you can put in a AAL but depending on how bad your leaf packs are you will just need to replace them.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

without going to the dealership does anyone know how much they usually cost? i am finishing college in May and will hopefully be getting a new truck sometime after that so i do not want to dump all kind of money into the truck if i dont need to...
Old 01-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Probably close to $1000.00 if you do the work yourself, double it if you have a shop do it. If your getting a new truck in the next year, save your time and money for the new truck.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinclm View Post
without going to the dealership does anyone know how much they usually cost? i am finishing college in May and will hopefully be getting a new truck sometime after that so i do not want to dump all kind of money into the truck if i dont need to...

Don't go to the dealer there is lots of other places to buy leafs. If you really just want a temp fix buy an AAL. I'll have one for sale next month 60 bucks shipped when I switch out to my Expos.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaniel1274 View Post
Probably close to $1000.00 if you do the work yourself, double it if you have a shop do it. If your getting a new truck in the next year, save your time and money for the new truck.

for a leaf replacement! I payed under 300 for my AllPro Expos when they were on sale so they are a little over 300 bucks.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #8

I might have to take you up on the offer. how many miles do you think yo have on yours? Why would the AAL be a temp. fix and wouldnt that stiffen the ride? i dont mind doing the work myself, i'll enjoy it, i put my lift on so i think i could handle this.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I might have to take you up on the offer. how many miles do you think yo have on yours? Why would the AAL be a temp. fix and wouldnt that stiffen the ride? i dont mind doing the work myself, i'll enjoy it, i put my lift on so i think i could handle this.
I have about 3500 miles on my AAL's The only reason I say a temp fix is if your leaf pack is shot it will only do so much before the AAL starts to flatten out with your leafs. I bought the 2" lift AAL from Toytec and it only gave me 1 1/2 and they have sagged a little so I'm replacing the whole leaf pack. I'm sure the AAL is still good it's only been 3500 miles it's just settled and it's to low for me.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #10

i thnik my lift only gave mt 2.5" or 2.75" in the front if im not mistaken which make the front just a hair lower than the back and actually i would prefer the truck to sit level or have the front a hair higher, but i dont know how low the 1.5" would make the stance of the truck change. Im not familiar with the AAL, if im correct then i wouldnt need the lift blocks in the rear anymore...?
Old 01-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i thnik my lift only gave mt 2.5" or 2.75" in the front if im not mistaken which make the front just a hair lower than the back and actually i would prefer the truck to sit level or have the front a hair higher, but i dont know how low the 1.5" would make the stance of the truck change. Im not familiar with the AAL, if im correct then i wouldnt need the lift blocks in the rear anymore...?

How big is the block?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #12

just at 2 7/8" or 2 15/16"
Old 01-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just at 2 7/8" or 2 15/16"
Well the AAL is going to lower your rear end just a little.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #14

yeah i figured it would and im ok with that, i like how trucks look when they are level or the front it a shade higher but im not sure how 1 to 1.5" would look, not not too bad...good enough to have a better ride probably and i would be ok with that bc its pretty rough right now haha i also pull my boat which levels out the truck so as long as it wont mess with anything with that i may get the AAl from you if they will last me about a year
Old 01-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Pm'ed