Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Installing my Fox resi's w/ TC UCA tomorrow...

Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #21
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
No they decided to do 2 collars instead
Old 02-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #22
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... AllPro has a write up on how to install the front shocks. I know you already know how to, but it has some info on how to measure the pre load for the 2.0" Fox's. May be of some use to ya?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #23
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

These are 2.5 Idk if the spring rate is the same or whatever so there might be a difference but who knows...ill give a call and see what they say
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #24
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
So how much lift do you have those set at right now?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 AM   #25
My other ride is a CH-47F
COOPALOOP is on a distinguished road

Army: CH-47 Flight Engineer
COOPALOOP's Tacoma Gallery
Right now i have about an inch of thread(going from the second collar) and that has it sitting level. Ive been pretty busy this week and still have not ordered my leafs. Im thinking i may go with all pro.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #26
Almost there

So it looks like 1" of thread showing from the top of the second collar equals about 1.5" or so then. Or is it 1.75 that sits level, it is 1.75" without any springs that makes it sit level I think.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #27
Almost there

So from the 2 pictures below which one will put me around ~1" of lift? Do you measure from the top collar or the bottom? So from what the OP said about the top of the collar 1", leveling (providing 1.75" of lift) what I have pictured below will be about 1" of lift since I have 1/2" thread showing off the top collar...

just wanting to make sure before I put on the springs

Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #28

heres a close up. a bit blurry though sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Installing my Fox resi's w/ TC UCA tomorrow...-2011-01-30_12-35-21_375.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #29
oldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Bryan
oldcorps's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lift, been looking at this lift package and am thinking of pulling the trigger. Hows the ride?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #30
Almost there

I PM'd the OP about this. How important, if at all is it to use the shocks spacer on the shock eyelet that the LCA mounting bolt goes through? He said he is not using his.

The coilovers I bought have 2 different sizes...which one goes on which side?

If you dont know what I am referring to use the links below:

Eyelet: http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-20596.html

Shock Spacer: http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/....5-p-1599.html
Old 02-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #31
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
I was checking out the same package you got, how do you like it so far? What is the chances of these coilovers being compatible with say the TC LT kit or any other LT kit ?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #32
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
I was checking out the same package you got, how do you like it so far? What is the chances of these coilovers being compatible with say the TC LT kit or any other LT kit ?
I think the valving might be different. Arent the Fox or King coilovers that are sold from a LT company valved specifically for best performance with the kit they sell?
Old 02-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
I was wondering the same thing about LT compatibility.

The setup right now is pretty stiff, just as others had mentioned it to be. I have not hit the trails yet, which is where the money is supposed to be at. I can take corners alot harder now without the tires barking. It makes you really hate your stock rear leafs if you go with the piggy-backs. So next on my list is some Deaver leafs. This will allow me to get that 3in lift i am going for and hopefully make me appreciate the fox's a bit more.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I PM'd the OP about this. How important, if at all is it to use the shocks spacer on the shock eyelet that the LCA mounting bolt goes through? He said he is not using his.

The coilovers I bought have 2 different sizes...which one goes on which side?

If you dont know what I am referring to use the links below:

Eyelet: http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-20596.html

Shock Spacer: http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/....5-p-1599.html

My kit never came with any spacers. Maybe I'll call them and see what they say about it.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #35

Oh and btw, if you are ordering through ORW have them confirm that you are receiving left and right coilovers and not two right ones. lol. Apparently it came from fox like that and it's happened a few times before. I reconfigured it myself with minor fluid loss but finding someone in this town with nitrogen was a pain in the ass. I ended up doing it at work with the nitrogen cart we use for the aircrafts.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #36
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Install looks good. Needs more tire.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Install looks good. Needs more tire.
Wheels shipped today! So ill have new shoes by Monday hopefully.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #38
Cruzito
Cruzs2013SR5 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Cruz
Cruzs2013SR5's Tacoma Gallery
FOX 2.5 Colovers Installation

So i installed my fox coilovers today and left the gaps between the collars and the top-hat or whatever you call it at 2.0 inches but when all was said and done i still had .5 inch difference between the left and right side. How do i fix this? Anyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Installing my Fox resi's w/ TC UCA tomorrow...-img_0111.jpg  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #39
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
That is the taco lean. They all do that. Just crank the left side down a couple turns. I think I went 2.5 turns on mine to get it close. But it will change depending on how much gas you have.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #40
Cruzito
Cruzs2013SR5 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Cruz
Cruzs2013SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
That is the taco lean. They all do that. Just crank the left side down a couple turns. I think I went 2.5 turns on mine to get it close. But it will change depending on how much gas you have.
Cool thanks for the info.