Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

sporty shocks?

Old 10-31-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
lexusoftrucks is on a distinguished road
lexusoftrucks's Tacoma Gallery
sporty shocks?

Hi, I have an 05 Taco xcab sr5 4banger and I'm looking to upgrade the shocks. I don't want to change ride height and don't do any off-roading,, just looking for a firmer, sportier ride. I want the Bilsteins like in the prerunner but I'm told they haven't made it to the US market yet. Any suggestions?

Also, for those of you who are tired of looking at those goofy plugs where your fog lights should be and don't want to shell our $400 for factory jobs, try the OEM style lights from Racing_guys on EBAY, $100 plus shipping.

Wow, this site sure seems deserted, is anybody out there or are you all on Tundrasolutions.com?

see ya
Old 10-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
if you just want stiffer shocks to improve the "sportiness" try some KYB Monomax shocks. i'm running them right now and i absolutely love them.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #3
RAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RAPOM's Tacoma Gallery
I had KYB monomax on a 3/4 ton 4x4 and they were great. When I need to replace mine on the Taco that is what I'm going with. I also have the 4banger and I am dying to find the right lights for the bumper.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #4
lexusoftrucks is on a distinguished road
lexusoftrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thanks...

...for the replies. I will try the KYB's.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPOM View Post
I also have the 4banger and I am dying to find the right lights for the bumper.
what year is you 4cyl. and what mumper do you have on it?
Old 11-02-2006, 04:57 AM   #6
RAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RAPOM's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 06 with the plain black front bumper and no fog lights on it.