Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1.5" AAL + shim = ubolt length?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
RRDave is on a distinguished road
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
1.5" AAL + shim = ubolt length?

Hey everyone,

I'm about to install a 1.5" AAL on my truck and I suspect I will need longer u bolts than what's currently there. I think the typical length for a block lift in the back is 8.5" however a local shop has 8" ones in stock. Would these work? Otherwise I can get the to make me a set of any length. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, can anyone confirm the size of the current u bolts? From what I understand they are 9/16" diameter, 2.5" wide and 8.5" long (for the block kit anyway).
Old 02-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think Ubolts will be a problem. My Toytec 3" AAL didn't come with Ubolts, and I didn't need them either. The kit re-uses the stock Ubolts. It's when your'e adding blocks instead of a leaf that you'll need longer U bolts. However, you may need a new/longer centering bolt.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the 2" AAL from Toytec and got the 7 1/2" U-Bolts just in case. I wanted to replace them anyway....Worked out perfect
Old 02-09-2011, 05:36 AM   #5
RRDave is on a distinguished road
RRDave's Tacoma Gallery
So I have the 1.5" AAL installed with 3 degree shims. Before hand I had a local spring shop make me some 8.5" ubolts which I used during the install to avoid the off chance the stock u bolts weren't long enough. I retrospect 8.5" was probably a bit long but everything worked out ok. If anything, if you're replacing the u bolts and they don't come with the lift kit, I would say just go ahead and get a u bolt flip kit...but hindsight's 20/20.