Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Coils? 5100's w/ stock or eibachs coils

Old 02-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLDTACO View Post
The ride is firm (better than stock) less lean in turns. I think the Bilsteins and Eibach springs are the best improvement I have made so far.
How much lift did you get out of the Eibach's? Sounds like it was less than an inch. If that's the case, I'm sold!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #22
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I gained 2" with the Eibachs and 1/4" spacer. Rear TSB gain was about 1 3/8". Its been about 3 months and nothing has changed yet. Remember, this is a 4x2 so mileage may vary.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #23
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy92 View Post
^^^^^^^^
Uh oh, anyone else like this, or are you level?

IMO it think it's best to be a little higher in the back for a truck. Especially if you use your bed at all.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #24
Tennessee Member
Jeremy92 has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy92 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeremy
Jeremy92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulySSes View Post
IMO it think it's best to be a little higher in the back for a truck. Especially if you use your bed at all.
agreed because there is a reason they made it that way at least on the prerunners. But I have a brush guard on the front and that would weight down the front alittle. I just don't want the ass end a mile higher than the front, where it is really noticeable.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #25
Tennessee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLDTACO View Post
I have 5100s set at 0 with Eibach springs and 1/4" spacer on driver side. I have TSB rear springs and my DCLB is about 1" higher in the ass end.
And just to be totally clear you have done nothing other than get the rear TSB done to the back.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #26
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Rear TSB and 5100s, but there was no gain going from stock shocks to Bilstein 5100s.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #27
LouTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Lou Taco
LouTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice ride with this set up. I had Billies set @ 2.5 with stock coil and it was pretty stiff, but OME is a softer ride imo.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #28
Tennessee Member

Thank guys, now I'm going to have to choose between getting the OME or Eibach's, I'm for sure not gonna use the stock coils, because i would rather not preload the springs. I'll just use the coils to do the lifting. So now the new question get the OME's or Eiback's??
Old 04-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #29
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy92 View Post
Thank guys, now I'm going to have to choose between getting the OME or Eibach's, I'm for sure not gonna use the stock coils, because i would rather not preload the springs. I'll just use the coils to do the lifting. So now the new question get the OME's or Eiback's??

What did you decide on? I am in similar boat right now!