Notices

Coils? 5100's w/ stock or eibachs coils

Old 01-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Tennessee Member
Jeremy92 has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy92 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeremy
Jeremy92's Tacoma Gallery
Coils? 5100's w/ stock or eibachs coils

Ok I know this has been answer many times before, but one that note I am get the TSB done on my rear springs on thurs. And I want to know which is the best way to level out my truck. I'm going to be getting some billys whenever I can get my hands on them and want to know if I should just put them on w/ the stock coils (setting at 1.75). Or if I should invest in some eibachs(setting at 0, is what levels it out right?). Any respones would be greatly appreciated, please list what you see as the pros or cons to each, and what you think I should do. Thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
You can go either way. 5100s at 1.75 or Eibachs with with 5100s at 0. The Eibachs may give a better ride, but I haven't heard any complaints on the Bilsteins by themselves.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I like the ride a lot with the eibach coils. Although I do have my 5100's set to .85.

I say, if you have the extra cash, get the eibachs and set ur 5100's to "0".
Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I would really like to hear from someone that ran their stock coils and 5100s at 2.5" and then switched to Eibachs and 5100s set at .85". I am running the 5100 at 2.5" on stock TRD Sport coils currently. The ride isn't bad at all but if I could get a softer ride with the Eibachs I would make the switch.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #5
Tennessee Member

How much did you guys pay for the eibachs and did you replace all 4?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
you only need two, for the front.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #7
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
300 for shocks and 150 for coils. i dont no if they still make the 1.6inch spring. talk to down south motorsports. they had the best price when i checked. i run mine at 1.75 with eibach coils and a 2inch aal and mine sits dead level
Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #8
Tennessee Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
you only need two, for the front.
oops I knew that, thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
ToyTec has the Eibach/ToyTec 1.6 coils for $150.00. Thats where I bought mine.
Bob
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
Tennessee Member

I'm leaning towards the eibachs, because If I can avoid preloading the billys I would rather do that, just because I would be more confident with them not preloaded. So if I do go with the ebiachs and the 5100 set at 0, with the rear tsb, it will sit level? Thank you to everyone
Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the eibachs if I were you. I bet they def ride better then compressed stock springs.

I have 885's w/top plate spacer and 5100's all around and I love my ride! But my lift is 3" up front and 2" in back.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I would go with the eibachs if I were you. I bet they def ride better then compressed stock springs.

I have 885's w/top plate spacer and 5100's all around and I love my ride! But my lift is 3" up front and 2" in back.
Would you recommend 886's without a top plate spacer if I'm planning to add a lot of armor in the future?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #13
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post

I have the a similar setup with a Access cab prerunner and I'm getting right at 3" without the top plate.

I definetly agree that you shouod let the springs do the lifting. I had the 5100's set at 1.75" with stock coils and it was so much more rough than the 885's and 5100's set at 0"
Old 02-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Would you recommend 886's without a top plate spacer if I'm planning to add a lot of armor in the future?
It would either be the 885's or possibly 886's since your an access cab and are lighter then DC's. I would ask around first to be sure though. It also depends on how much weight you are planning to add to the front.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #15
Tennessee Member

What are these 885, and 886. Sorry I'm new to just about anything to do with moding. And thanks for all your feedback. Keep it going
Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #16

RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy92 View Post
I'm leaning towards the eibachs, because If I can avoid preloading the billys I would rather do that, just because I would be more confident with them not preloaded. So if I do go with the ebiachs and the 5100 set at 0, with the rear tsb, it will sit level? Thank you to everyone
I have 5100s set at 0 with Eibach springs and 1/4" spacer on driver side. I have TSB rear springs and my DCLB is about 1" higher in the ass end.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #17
Tennessee Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLDTACO View Post
I have 5100s set at 0 with Eibach springs and 1/4" spacer on driver side. I have TSB rear springs and my DCLB is about 1" higher in the ass end.
^^^^^^^^
Uh oh, anyone else like this, or are you level?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy92 View Post
What are these 885, and 886. Sorry I'm new to just about anything to do with moding. And thanks for all your feedback. Keep it going
They're OME springs (Old Man Emu). 885 and 886 are spring numbers if you will. The 885 is a medium duty spring, the 886 is a heavy duty spring recommended for people who have a lot of extra weight like plate bumpers and a winch in the front.

Wheelers sells them if you want to look into them.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLDTACO View Post
How's the ride? I want that exact set-up! I have a cap though so I'm a little heavier in the back and would probably sit dead level.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #20

RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
How's the ride? I want that exact set-up! I have a cap though so I'm a little heavier in the back and would probably sit dead level.
The ride is firm (better than stock) less lean in turns. I think the Bilsteins and Eibach springs are the best improvement I have made so far.