Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" Lift

Old 01-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Flmxrider is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Flmxrider's Tacoma Gallery
Question 3" Lift

I have a 99' Prerunner and I'm trying to figure out what 3" lift I should get. I don't have enough to spend on coilovers, but eventually plan on upgrading to those. I've read some pretty bad things about spacer lifts so I don't know if thats a good choice, even though I don't offroad. What's the best option out there besides coilovers?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
K1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kanon
K1992f's Tacoma Gallery
Check toytec lift they have nice stuff also on 4wheelingonline have a procomp 3" for 467 bucks ...
Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #3

I looked at the toytec lifts and those are pretty reasonable. I'll probablly go with the spacer for now and either AALs in the back or blocks. Which is better out of those? Also do I need extended rear shocks if I do that? If anyone of you guys can help me with that, thanks.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Old Man Emu! High quality, and that's what I have.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I looked at the toytec lifts and those are pretty reasonable. I'll probablly go with the spacer for now and either AALs in the back or blocks. Which is better out of those? Also do I need extended rear shocks if I do that? If anyone of you guys can help me with that, thanks.
AAL's are a better choice than blocks. Blocks tend to promote axle wrap. I'd avoid spacers in the front also.

You won't need longer shocks in the rear.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #6

Yeah I'm trying to avoid getting a spacer lift. I've heard good things about OMEs but what about If I did 5100 Billies front and back with a top spacer in the front. How does that work?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I'm trying to avoid getting a spacer lift. I've heard good things about OMEs but what about If I did 5100 Billies front and back with a top spacer in the front. How does that work?
Why the top plate spacer on the 5100's?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 AM   #8

Nevermind about the top spacer. So you can set the Bilsteins at a certain height or how does that work?
Old 02-01-2011, 05:32 AM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flmxrider View Post
Nevermind about the top spacer. So you can set the Bilsteins at a certain height or how does that work?
You can set them at 0.85", 1.75" or 2.5". Each setting preloads the stock springs slightly more.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #10

OKay cool so then should I do AALs in the back? or can you set the back?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #12

Thanks for the help.