Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" lift options??

Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #21
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamw View Post
if i set them at 2.5 would i need spacers/coils or would i be good to go?
maybe a 1/4" spacer for the drivers side to compensate the Taco Lean...I used one...
Old 02-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #22
Coloradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to behold

Coloradomx24's Tacoma Gallery
I have a really stupid question but give me a break...I'm a girl haha.

I had a 3 inch revtec spacer lift installed just because my tires were rubbing and I was on a budget at the time. Now that I have saved up I was looking at a suspension lift.

Looking at some trucks with 3 inch suspension lifts look taller than my truck. Is a 3 inch suspension lift taller then a 3 inch spacer lift?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #23
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomx24 View Post
I have a really stupid question but give me a break...I'm a girl haha.

I had a 3 inch revtec spacer lift installed just because my tires were rubbing and I was on a budget at the time. Now that I have saved up I was looking at a suspension lift.

Looking at some trucks with 3 inch suspension lifts look taller than my truck. Is a 3 inch suspension lift taller then a 3 inch spacer lift?

Thanks!!!
No 3 inches is 3 inches no matter how you get it. A spacer lift is technically a suspension lift. Suspension lifts usually have a new taller coil spring and strut or a coilover assembly (high quality adjustable shock and spring sold as a set). Spacers achieve lift just by making the factory strut longer.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #24
Coloradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
No 3 inches is 3 inches no matter how you get it. A spacer lift is technically a suspension lift. Suspension lifts usually have a new taller coil spring and strut or a coilover assembly (high quality adjustable shock and spring sold as a set). Spacers achieve lift just by making the factory strut longer.
Good to know. I still think I want the Toytec ultimate lift kit for a better ride then the revtec spacers. I would like to go taller than 3 inches but cant really afford the 6 inch. Would it be dumb to run a 3 inch toytec with a 1-2 inch body. I'll have avid sliders that will cover my frame up some from the body lift.

Sorry Im clueless :-)
Old 02-04-2011, 05:11 AM   #25
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good to know. I still think I want the Toytec ultimate lift kit for a better ride then the revtec spacers. I would like to go taller than 3 inches but cant really afford the 6 inch. Would it be dumb to run a 3 inch toytec with a 1-2 inch body. I'll have avid sliders that will cover my frame up some from the body lift.

You can put a body lift with a suspension lift. Some guys on here have a 3 inch susp and 3 inch body. Maybe they can chime in on this. I personally don't like the look of a body lift but thats a personal thing. And you're not clueless.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #26
thegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Weapons
Name: J Money
thegreatest's Tacoma Gallery
@Colorado

Are your spacers 2" or 3"? Did you do anything in the rear?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #28
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I am very happy with my Toytec ULK. The adjustability lets me allow for the bumper/winch weight. The ride is awesome. I also did the Light Racing UCA's for alignment reasons, and the booted ball joint, I'm in the salt belt! In the rear I went with the OME Dakar springs instead of an AAL for the extra cargo weight. Lots of wood hauling and camping gear.

Before the bumper/winch:

After:

Good luck with your decisions!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #29
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
I am very happy with my Toytec ULK. The adjustability lets me allow for the bumper/winch weight. The ride is awesome. I also did the Light Racing UCA's for alignment reasons, and the booted ball joint, I'm in the salt belt! In the rear I went with the OME Dakar springs instead of an AAL for the extra cargo weight. Lots of wood hauling and camping gear.

Before the bumper/winch:

After:

Good luck with your decisions!
NICE !! 285s?
Old 02-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #31
Calijavier81 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SSgt
Calijavier81's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the same situation, deciding what lift to get. I'm sold on a 3" lift, but not sure which way to go....Bilstein 5100s, ToyTec Ult., FabTech, etc. I really want to go with a coil over for an overall better ride. And though i am not looking to exceed 3", I am looking at purchasing UCAs too. My main concern is having enough clearance all around to accomodate a 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler. Does anybody run this tire on a 3" lift? If so, what lift? Any necessary cutting? Please let me know, so i can make my purchases...thank you!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:22 AM   #32
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calijavier81 View Post
I am in the same situation, deciding what lift to get. I'm sold on a 3" lift, but not sure which way to go....Bilstein 5100s, ToyTec Ult., FabTech, etc. I really want to go with a coil over for an overall better ride. And though i am not looking to exceed 3", I am looking at purchasing UCAs too. My main concern is having enough clearance all around to accomodate a 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler. Does anybody run this tire on a 3" lift? If so, what lift? Any necessary cutting? Please let me know, so i can make my purchases...thank you!

I did have to trim a little offf the flare at the bottom. So far I haven't had to do the body mount mod. I still need to raise the front of the truck an inch or so, but so far no more rubbing! I just used tin shears on the flare and inner wheel well liner!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatest View Post
@Colorado

Are your spacers 2" or 3"? Did you do anything in the rear?
They are 3 inch revtec spacers in the front with a AAL in the rear to level it out
Old 02-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #34
thegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegreatest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Weapons
Name: J Money
thegreatest's Tacoma Gallery
nice. just purchased those 3 days ago
Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #35
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Just a side note to anyone considering a lift... UCAs are not *needed* but they are highly recommended. I still wish I would have saved up for them before I put my lift on. Keep in mind that if you can't get you're alignment dialed in you may end up with weird tire wear. This may be important to you if you're going to throw on some massive new tires that cost $800....you wouldn't want those wearing funny
Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #36

Bilstein 5100 (adj front) all around w/ AAL kit from toytech

I just put mine in last weekend, and the 2.5 setting with the spacers is pushing more than 3"! So be careful in your decision, because you'll need UCA's with this set up. I'm going to take the 1/2" spacers out this weekend (leaving the .25 drivers side spacer in) in hopes to salvage my stock UCA's (at least for now). If i could go back, i would of adjusted them to 1.75...oh well, the eibach coil was STIFF and a pain in the ass to compress, so im leaving it at 2.5 for now. If you guys are thinking about the bilstein 5100s all around with the AAL kit, i recommend it, but i caution you to think about the 2.5 setting with spacers if you dont have new UCAs.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #37

Bilstein 5100 (adj front) all around w/ AAL kit from toytech

Heres what it looks like after 2 weeks (AALs settled in)...front adj to 2.5"