Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Truck leaning after lift.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
TN2000Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Frank
TN2000Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Truck leaning after lift.

About a month ago i put a 3 inch spacer lift on my truck. Today i noticed it sits lower on the right side. I know the lift is probly my biggest problem but its all i can afford right now. Dont know if the shocks have anything to do with it but they are pretty wore out. Anyone had this problem or know why it would do this?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2000Tacoma View Post
About a month ago i put a 3 inch spacer lift on my truck. Today i noticed it sits lower on the right side. I know the lift is probly my biggest problem but its all i can afford right now. Dont know if the shocks have anything to do with it but they are pretty wore out. Anyone had this problem or know why it would do this?
Did you make sure the coils were put back on the same side? They are side specific on the 1st gen trucks. If I remember, they have dots of paint on them but I can't remember what color was for what side.

What type of lift did you use in the rear?

When you say 'right side' - do you mean....passenger side?

The 1st gen trucks are notorious for leaning. Search for 'taco lean'. But the low side is usually on the drivers side because 1) Engine bay is full on the drivers side compared to the pass side 2) Driver 3) Gas tank
Old 02-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
oh, i didnt know they were side specific, I just put them back on the same way the came off. If there were dots on the coils i wouldnt be able to see them as the were painted blue by the last owner. As for the rear lift i did the add a leaf, and yes i was reffering to the passanger side.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2000Tacoma View Post
oh, i didnt know they were side specific, I just put them back on the same way the came off. If there were dots on the coils i wouldnt be able to see them as the were painted blue by the last owner. As for the rear lift i did the add a leaf, and yes i was reffering to the passanger side.
What type of spacers are they? Top plate spacers or coil spacers?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
its the kind that you bolt to the top of the strut.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Pics?