LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Painting the Leaf Springs?

Old 02-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Painting the Leaf Springs?

I am considering buying someones used leaf springs, but they are a bit rusty. Has anyone ever painted their leaf springs to make them look nicer and prevent further rust? Or am I thinking like a crazy guy here?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:58 AM   #2
George Rockwell will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement:
George Rockwell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLor View Post
I am considering buying someones used leaf springs, but they are a bit rusty. Has anyone ever painted their leaf springs to make them look nicer and prevent further rust? Or am I thinking like a crazy guy here?
no i paint mine, just use a wire brush or a angle grinder with a wire brush on it and remove all the rust, then dust them off and shoot a few light coats of good paint.