Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Light Racing UCA install ?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #21
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
huh, that's odd. the part numbers match and everything. they probbaly mean the same thing. i'd bet that somewhere in your instructions it probably says that there are 2* of caster built into the arms, whereas in OZ's, it probably doesn't. just a gues
Old 02-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #22
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
not the same ^^^^^
this are the specs from my lr uca's
What are you saying ? The spec sheet I posted is wrong ? Because it is the one that came with my UCA's from Toytec .

Discuss
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #23
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
as i understand it lr uca have +2* to -2* adjustment
not 4*
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #24
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What are you saying ? The spec sheet I posted is wrong ? Because it is the one that came with my UCA's from Toytec .

Discuss
mabye you got the version
Old 02-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #25
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

From Toytec in Colorado , USA ?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

haha

if i've read correctly they have +2* built in, meaning relative to stock, you can go from 0* to 4*. but that's without a lift.

i think you both probably have correct instructions, but they were rewritten (reworded and a new diagram), maybe to do away with this very confusion we're having right now
Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #27
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
haha

if i've read correctly they have +2* built in, meaning relative to stock, you can go from 0* to 4*. but that's without a lift.

i think you both probably have correct instructions, but they were rewritten (reworded and a new diagram), maybe to do away with this very confusion we're having right now
thats incorrect........
you can go to .-2 -0- +.2

i have min set at -2* to stop from rubbing on the body mounts
Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #28

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha

Maybe Scott just can't read too good .

Duh , me Scott , me like NY Rangers
Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #29

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats incorrect........
The diagram on mine shows 0 to 4 degrees of motion with 2 being the ' neutral' setting , so essentially it would be the same range of motion , no?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #30

Quote:
thats incorrect........

i have min set at -2* to stop from rubbing on the body mounts
is the ball joint position set at -2, or is the alignment number on your printout -2? because with two degrees of caster built in, those are two different things.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #31

Quote:
The diagram on mine shows 0 to 4 degrees of motion with 2 being the ' neutral' setting , so essentially it would be the same range of motion , no?
that's the impression i was under. at the zero setting, you are getting 2* of caster over stock.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #32
BIG DADDY

Quote:
thats total adjustment........
look at your numbers in the small print thats the adjustment on the ball joint itself....
those are the correct #'s
Old 02-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #33
BIG DADDY

Quote:
is the ball joint position set at -2, or is the alignment number on your printout -2? because with two degrees of caster built in, those are two different things.
im at -2* "ball joint towards front of truck
Quote:
that's the impression i was under. at the zero setting, you are getting 2* of caster over stock.
negative
Old 02-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #34
BIG DADDY

do any of youz guyz know or remeber the size of the lr ball joint nut???
i thinking 1 1/4"
Old 02-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats total adjustment........
look at your numbers in the small print thats the adjustment on the ball joint itself....
those are the correct #'s
I see what you are saying Scott , the small numbers on my diagram match the numbers on yours , right ?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #36

Quote:
negative
then i'm confused.

at 2.5 inches of lift, stock UCAs, my caster was at .6 then with the LR arms set at zero (spc logo facing out), alignment was at 2.6
Old 02-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #37

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
then i'm confused.

at 2.5 inches of lift, stock UCAs, my caster was at .6 then with the LR arms set at zero (spc logo facing out), alignment was at 2.6
I was thinking the same as you Colin
Old 02-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #38
BIG DADDY

Quote:
then i'm confused.

Quote:
I was thinking the same as you Colin

g/l
Old 02-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

g/l
Hey don't get pouty , nobody said you were wrong . And it does seem odd that are two sets of specs for the same product . When did you buy yours ?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #40

Quote:
Hey don't get pouty , nobody said you were wrong . And it does seem odd that are two sets of specs for the same product . When did you buy yours ?
i'll try to remember to check my sheet tomorrow and see which version i have. i want to say it's the one with the zero in the middle. i got mine about a year ago.

Products Discussed in this Thread