Notices

OME vs. Eibach Springs? Thoughts Please

Old 02-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Tennessee Member
Jeremy92 has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy92 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeremy
Jeremy92's Tacoma Gallery
OME vs. Eibach Springs? Thoughts Please

I'm getting to TSB tomorrow and I want raise the front up to level, or as.close to level as possible without being nose high. I have decided I would rather change out my springs than just keep the stock ones and preload the billys. I'm going to put billys on all 4 corners. So from there should I go with the OME springs and if so which ones(note I won't be adding any heavy thing to the front, but I do have a westin brush guard) and how much will they be, or the Eibach 1.6 springs, and getting 5100s all the way around.. Any thoughts will be greatly helpful
Thank You
Old 02-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Whichever spring you choose, I still wouldn't run with the stock shocks. Another option is to get the 5100s and use the stock spring for now.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
You can use the billy's with the OME's or Eibachs but you have to set them at 0" height. Let the springs do the lift. But I believe the OME 884's will give you about 2-2.5"s of lift a the eibachs give you around 1.6"s.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I have OME and upgraded to the OME shocks... I believe with the lift the stock shocks will top out.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Toytec Lifts in the vendor section. They will have your prices. As far as which spring, it depends on the amount of lift you want. OME 884s will provide approx. 3" of lift, whereas you need to set 5100s at .85, and add a top plate spacer to gain around 3" of lift.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
You can use the billy's with the OME's or Eibachs but you have to set them at 0" height. Let the springs do the lift. But I believe the OME 884's will give you about 2-2.5"s of lift a the eibachs give you around 1.6"s.
How much did you gain out of your OME 885s and 5100s at 0? Would you recommend combining bilstein struts with OME coils, seeing how OME coils were designed for a dual tube shock, completely different from the 5100?
Old 02-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
How much did you gain out of your OME 885s and 5100s at 0? Would you recommend combining bilstein struts with OME coils, seeing how OME coils were designed for a dual tube shock, completely different from the 5100?
Ill have my 5100s and 885s this week. Might install them next weekend. Ive searched forever trying to find consistent information about how much the springs will raise a truck. I could not find anything conclusive. So, i decided to go with 885s. I'd rather be a bit higher than I wanted than not enough. I dont mind an excuse to get bigger tires

Supposedly, if you have a Double Cab, or an extended cab with brush gaurd and/or winch, 885s will give you around 2.5" of lift. Every single dealer will say something slightly different. Which, now that I think about it, is very annoying. Youd think OME would make sure all the companies selling their product would have consistent and correct information.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
Tennessee Member

Thank you all for your thoughts, I'm think the eiback's because I'm looking for a more of a stout look. Keep the thoughts rolling tho.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #9

What does "stout look" mean
Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #10
Tennessee Member

ummm... im going to put some wide tires on her to. you know when you see a short person that is really built, they are short and stout. And to clarify on what kind of height im looking for, i'm wanting whatever will level out my truck with the Rear TSB done, or as close to level as i can get, without being nose high.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #11

You will need 2" aal to keep it level with either set up. Have you looked into complete ome lift? Full 3" lift, around $700 very solid, dependable lift.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
Tennessee Member

So even if i set the billys at 0 with the eibach coils and the tsb, it wont be about level
Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
I am a little bit confused. The ARB site state very clear that the 885 will give about 1.75" lift. How are you guy's getting 3" of lift ???.
The reason I am asking is that- I am in the process to replace my Icon's with EMU 885 and the new 90000 shocks. I went with 885 for the main reason that ,, it will not raise my truck more then 2". I don't want to get in to vibration zone.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #14
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg589 View Post
Ill have my 5100s and 885s this week. Might install them next weekend. Ive searched forever trying to find consistent information about how much the springs will raise a truck. I could not find anything conclusive. So, i decided to go with 885s. I'd rather be a bit higher than I wanted than not enough. I dont mind an excuse to get bigger tires

Supposedly, if you have a Double Cab, or an extended cab with brush gaurd and/or winch, 885s will give you around 2.5" of lift. Every single dealer will say something slightly different. Which, now that I think about it, is very annoying. Youd think OME would make sure all the companies selling their product would have consistent and correct information.
ARB site , TRDparts4u and wheelers -state 1.75" lift with 885. Not 3".
Old 02-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Navy: 2/4 5th REG, 1st Mar Div
Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100's all around set at zero and tsb, I think it sits pretty level. I have 265/17/70 with this set up and its perfect, anything bigger you should be 2.5 higher at least.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #16
Tennessee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
I have 5100's all around set at zero and tsb, I think it sits pretty level. I have 265/17/70 with this set up and its perfect, anything bigger you should be 2.5 higher at least.
I think you have exactly the look i want. Level by eye, maybe a little forward rake but thats not a huge deal. I pretty sure im going to go with the Eibach 1.6 springs and the billys set at 0, and the reat tsb will have raised the rear. Does anyone have pics of this sit up. Billys at 0 with Eibach's and the rear TSB? i keep getting different answers and i dont wanna screw my truck up.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #17
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
I am also wondering the same thing. I was looking at the eibach coils with the bilsteins set at .85 in the front simply because i think it looks perfect and level with the 1.5" AAL in the rear with the TSB.

Don't know about the OME's tho
Old 02-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #18
B... is on a distinguished road
B...'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgilus11 View Post
I am a little bit confused. The ARB site state very clear that the 885 will give about 1.75" lift. How are you guy's getting 3" of lift ???.
The reason I am asking is that- I am in the process to replace my Icon's with EMU 885 and the new 90000 shocks. I went with 885 for the main reason that ,, it will not raise my truck more then 2". I don't want to get in to vibration zone.

I've been running this set up (885/9000) for a couple of months/few thousand miles. It's a solid 2.5" of lift on my Double Cab (no extra weight up front). I added the 5mm trim packer, got a kick ass alignment, and managed to significantly reduce the front end vibes to almost nothing when compared to the 2.5" spacer lift and crappy alignment that I had for the previous 2 years.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
The OME springs work just fine with the Bilstien 5100 shocks.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #20
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post pic of my set up in a minute.

OK. Here's mine. TSB and 5100s set at 2.5. I'll check to see if I have more of a side shot.