Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Official Ride Height Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #21
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k View Post
No, you don't have to have a ToyTec lift to use the spacer. I only have 5100s in the front. I haven't heard of anything handmade. If you already have the 5100s installed, all you have to do is drop the driver side coilover down just enough to drop this spacer on top of the coilover assembly. Viola!
Thanks for the info. I'll have to get one.

And was there something about 1/4" spacer for 1/2" of adjustment?

Or am I full of crap on that one, too?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #22
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
Year: 2010
SR5/TRD(Off-Road)
Stock (Yes/No): No
Lift type: OME
Front Springs+adjustment: OME 886
Rear Springs+adjustment: Dakar rear springs
Front Shocks: NitroCharger
Rear Shocks: NitroCharger
Front Driver height: 23"
Front passenger height: 23"
Rear Driver height: 25"
Rear Passenger height: 25"
Off-Road accessories (Bumpers/Winch/Armor/etc): ARB with Warn 8000#
285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac with Raceline Renegade 6 wheels.
No rubbing, no front mudflaps though
Old 02-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #25
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Year: 2001
SR5/TRD(Off-Road/Sport): SR5
Stock (Yes/No):yes
Lift type:none
Wheels: 2nd gen stock TRD rims
Tires: 265/75 R16 Mastercraft courser mud terrrains
Front Springs+adjustment: Stock
Rear Springs+adjustment: Stock
Front Shocks: Stock
Rear Shocks: Stock
Front Driver height*: 21.5"
Front passenger height*: 21.5"
Rear Driver height*: 21.5"
Rear Passenger height*:21 7/8"
Off-Road accessories (Bumpers/Winch/Armor/etc): Budbuilt front IFS skid
Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #28
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone got a stock truck without the Rear TSB done or heavy ARB on the front? Would be nice to have a base comparison. Hmm, anyone live close to a dealer and wanna go steal some measurements?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #31
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
mine from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
OME 885's/5100's at .85

Right/Pass - 23"
Left/Driver - 22.5"

Anyone have a spare taco lean spacer they wanna give me?
Rear is stock and i have no bumpers, winch etc..
Old 05-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #32
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
mine from another thread:
OME 885's/5100's at .85

Right/Pass - 23"
Left/Driver - 22.5"

Rear is stock and i have no bumpers, winch etc..
Preloading 885's!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #33
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyTaco View Post
Preloading 885's!
no different than preloading them with a spacer . They only give 2.5" of lift alone. Plus, mine are 5 years old so they are well broken in and sagged.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #34
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no different than preloading them with a spacer . They only give 2.5" of lift alone. Plus, mine are 5 years old so they are well broken in and sagged.
Well then I apologize for my ignorance. I was under the assumption that 885's (some at least) deliver 3" of lift.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyTaco View Post
Well then I apologize for my ignorance. I was under the assumption that 885's (some at least) deliver 3" of lift.
They provide 3" with a 1/4" spacer, but even with a spacer they will sag below 3". You'll end up with about 2.75" or even 2.5" after they are broken in.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #36
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
They provide 3" with a 1/4" spacer, but even with a spacer they will sag below 3". You'll end up with about 2.75" or even 2.5" after they are broken in.
I thought they changed them so that they didn't sag as much, old 885 new 885x.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #37
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
I thought they changed them so that they didn't sag as much, old 885 new 885x.
Correct .

Mine are 885x
Old 05-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #38

yeah i have the old 885's. I bought mine when they first came out.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #39
LRGRNR

Quote:
How about preloading with a heavy bumper like ARB or Relentless?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #40
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Year:2004
SR5/TRD(Off-Road/Sport):SR5 TRD
Stock (Yes/No):No
Lift type:Long Travel
Wheels:Eagle Alloy 185
Tires:265/75/16 Toyo MT
Front Springs+adjustment:None
Rear Springs+adjustmenteaver's 8 pack
Front Shocks:Icon CO's
Rear Shocks:Sway-way 2.5" shocks