Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Shock Bumps?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Shock Bumps?

anyone use these? http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...p-p-17664.html.

the rear shocks i plan on buying may be a little too long, i was thinking i could use these to help prevent bottoming out the shock.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about those in particular, but some folks on here have Timbrens, and Wheelers superbumps.

EDIT: Wait, do these actually go on the shock? Never have seen those.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Not sure about those in particular, but some folks on here have Timbrens, and Wheelers superbumps.

EDIT: Wait, do these actually go on the shock? Never have seen those.
yeah, they go over the shaft. seems like a cool idea to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbnFIcRnjo0
Old 02-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Do they limit up-travel at all, or do they squish down so much that it's negligible?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #6

not sure if they really limit travel, but they increase resistence as the shock begins to bottom.

taken from their site:

"As the Jounce Bumper compresses, it increases its resistance, therefore providing a progressive rate as the shock compresses. This prevents the harsh bottoming often felt with many suspension designs."
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Pretty bullshit that you have to buy the "installation" tool separate....
yeah that does suck
Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.petmountain.com/product//...g-dog-toy.html
Here's a much cheaper alternative

Sorry, just what it reminded me of when I saw that...
Old 02-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Crazy, I was just looking at these on poly performance and I do a search on here to see if anyone was using them and someone already beat me to it so if anyone has info on how these run, it would greatly be appreciated.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Do you have or are you getting u bolt flip?
no, i dont plan to. Sarah from All Pro helped me find correct length shock for my stock rear, but i still think these bumps are a cool idea.

So anyone have experiance with these?
Old 02-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #12
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
no, i dont plan to. Sarah from All Pro helped me find correct length shock for my stock rear, but i still think these bumps are a cool idea.

So anyone have experiance with these?
i've seen these before. i've never ran them though...

they use this style bump on the front of the raptor (oops, i said the "R" word)

Old 02-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #13

^ if the Raptor uses them, they must be pretty legit. ill probabbly end up buying a set.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
^ if the Raptor uses them, they must be pretty legit. ill probabbly end up buying a set.
thats what i was thinking too
Old 02-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #16
beatle will become famous soon enoughbeatle will become famous soon enough
Name: Matt
beatle's Tacoma Gallery
Bump stops essentially raise the spring rate of the suspension where they are installed once it reaches a certain point in its compression. Without knowing the height of the new bumpstop, you have no idea of knowing how much it will limit suspension travel. A bumpstop that's too large would keep you at a higher spring rate almost all the time which may be pretty uncomfortable. Foam bumpstops also have a lifespan, and if you need that much additional cushioning, you're probably better off with longer and/or stiffer springs.

"Harder" and "softer" are pretty vague terms as well, and they don't list the cases where you would use one over the other. Maybe the seller can offer up more information?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #17
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
I've used them before. I had them up front on my icon coilovers. They worked really well but got destroyed after three desert trips. They can take mild abuse but nothing crazy.

I've heard on the rear shocks if you take a big enough hit they will just slide off the same way they were installed. I'd say go for it but not if your concerned about the shock being too long. That will just be a bandaid to a more serious problem.