Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

found a lift on CL

Old 02-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Question found a lift on CL

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/2192737458.html

wonering if this is all i need to lift it by myself. or do i need new rear shocks or upper control arms or anything like that. thanks in advance!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden View Post
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/2192737458.html

wonering if this is all i need to lift it by myself. or do i need new rear shocks or upper control arms or anything like that. thanks in advance!
You won't need new rear shocks, but you would probably need new UCA's to get your alignment right.

FYI that's not a very high-quality lift. Try to avoid spacers if possible.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
You will be fine with that kit. It is just a spacer kit, which I ran on my Tacoma for a while. I just dont understand the coil spacers and top plate spacers? Hopefully someone with more knowledge will help ya out.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You won't need new rear shocks, but you would probably need new UCA's to get your alignment right.

FYI that's not a very high-quality lift. Try to avoid spacers if possible.
are uca's going to be a must?
because this is just going to be a cheap temporary lift
Old 02-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
You will be fine with that kit. It is just a spacer kit, which I ran on my Tacoma for a while. I just dont understand the coil spacers and top plate spacers? Hopefully someone with more knowledge will help ya out.
Some of the Toytec kits come with 2" coil spacers and 1" top plate spacers for a total of 3".

Quote:
are uca's going to be a must?
because this is just going to be a cheap temporary lift
It's not a MUST, but it will be hard to get your caster in spec. The truck might feel a bit floaty with out-of-whack caster.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some of the Toytec kits come with 2" coil spacers and 1" top plate spacers for a total of 3".

It's not a MUST, but it will be hard to get your caster in spec. The truck might feel a bit floaty with out-of-whack caster.
what would you recommend uca's?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what would you recommend uca's?
Pardon?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pardon?
I think he means what brand. With the UCAs you can go Light racing, they are relatively cheap and get the job done.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #9
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
so if i opt out in getting aftermarket uca's will that damage any part of the truck what so ever? because they're like 500 bucks and if i can just lift the truck with out them i will just go with that. but if im going to damage the truck i just wont get the lift until i can afford a quality one.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so if i opt out in getting aftermarket uca's will that damage any part of the truck what so ever? because they're like 500 bucks and if i can just lift the truck with out them i will just go with that. but if im going to damage the truck i just wont get the lift until i can afford a quality one.
You won't damage it, it will just feel squirrelly.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You won't damage it, it will just feel squirrelly.
okay thanks!

i think im just gonna go for it!! haha
Old 02-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
just go for it, you can only learn from experience. i would do it ha
Old 02-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
well dude if your planning on doing a high quality 3 inch (coilovers or 5100s or whatever) in future, you'll want the uca's then so its basically a question of now or later
Old 02-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #14
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
in the future i was thinking of doing a 6 inch fabtech, would those tc uca's work with that lift kit? or would i need an entirely different setup
Old 02-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
you'll be changing ball joints in no time with that lift unless you get uca's.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden
in the future i was thinking of doing a 6 inch fabtech, would those tc uca's work with that lift kit? or would i need an entirely different setup
You won't need aftermarket uca's with a drop bracket lift at all.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #17
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
So thats almost what im running at the current moment. (waiting to put on new lift)
Super easy lift to install, worked for me running 265/75 R 16's for a couple years
I didnt need UCA's, i have heard every truck is different when it comes to UCA's
I didnt like the ride in the rear so i got different shocks, billi 2125's.
Once i started really driving the truck alot and modding more, i didnt like the lift at all. So i upgraded.

Just my personal experience