Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

adjust caster

Old 02-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
grexwilbur is on a distinguished road

Name: wilbur
grexwilbur's Tacoma Gallery
adjust caster

Are there any caster settings to help w rubbing so i wont have to trim so much? I have 3 inch lift and 285 70 17. Rubbin bad on plastic fender flairs back of front wheel. And sum on cab mounts..dealer said they are set to factory spec as far as alignment goes..what is factory and where should i have it set before i trim?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #3

Does anyone have any pics of how they trimmed plastic rear portion of flair and still look good?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grexwilbur View Post
Does anyone have any pics of how they trimmed plastic rear portion of flair and still look good?
i think this is what you are talking about. here are the before and after pics of the trimming on my truck:

Old 02-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #5

That is exactly what im talkin bout..thank u. Did u trim cab mounts look like ya did. If so when u welded patch did u remove rubber mounts first or do in place?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #6

One more dumb question...what type of saw or cutter did u use on plastic part?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i didnt actually do the work. i had a guy at a local fabrication shop do it.

yes, i did have the cab mounts chopped and welded. he did the cutting and welding in place. i doubt he removed any rubber mounts.

i am not sure what he used to do the cutting on the fender parts. the fender part probably took some sort of saw and the inner plastic could be cut with a knife or scissors.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
i didnt actually do the work. i had a guy at a local fabrication shop do it.

yes, i did have the cab mounts chopped and welded. he did the cutting and welding in place. i doubt he removed any rubber mounts.

i am not sure what he used to do the cutting on the fender parts. the fender part probably took some sort of saw and the inner plastic could be cut with a knife or scissors.
My dremel with a large cutting wheel worked fine for the plastic parts. Quick once over it a polishing bit took the right edges and burrs off.