Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

886 in 885 out

Old 02-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
886 in 885 out

Just did a swap, I kept adding weight to the front with a Relentless bumper, ATO skids for engine and trans, and a little Superwinch.
The removal of the anti sway bar definatly added some sway to the truck.

My answer: 886s, even with the trim packer on the 885s I still had the driver side about a 1/4" lower.

Put the 886s on the shocks kept the spring packer and added a 1/4" top spacer. Now I have a slightly higher driver side only about a 1/4" so it may sack out a touch.
Just did a short test ride and it is much firmer but with only a 1 1/2" AAL in the stock leaf pack I now have a slight Kali nose up look.

More tweeking to come and yes perhaps pictures tomorrow.
It is getting close to game time.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
lets see some pics Steve
Old 02-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have been doing other stuff and just flat forgot
Old 02-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
I am really liking the looks of the Relentless bumpers. But darn it we just put in those 885's & 5100s at the mod day on mine....
Old 02-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I could have gotten along with the 885s but I hacked off the swaybar and just wanted to stiffen it up to help cornering a bit more with out the bar.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
did you have to remove the sway?
Old 02-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I did a real rough off road ride ( for me it was rough ) and decided I wanted as much articulation as I could get so the bar had to go.
It did remove about 30 lbs off the front as well!!