LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My New Lift: Walker Evans w/ All Pro UCA's

Old 02-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
wizo is on a distinguished road
wizo's Tacoma Gallery
Talking My New Lift: Walker Evans w/ All Pro UCA's

Just finished my lift and tire install. It looks like I will now need a rear lift. I was hoping to just level the truck since I have the TSB rear. Any suggestions on rear lifts?

Also the All Pro instructions for the coilovers say to pre-load at 3.2" and 3.5" for 3" of lift. This is NOT correct!!!!! I set mine at 3" and had 4" of lift and NO give whatsoever. I now have it at 2" of pre-load and still needs to come down another 1". Any suggestions on adjusting the pre-load while on the truck is appreciated as I am having a tough time.

Lift:
-Walker Evans 2.5" Coilovers
-All Pro Offroad UCA's

Tires:
-BF Goodrich All Terrain 265/75 r16

Before:

After:
Old 02-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that shits high in the front!! Get Toytec's AAL, costs $92 shipped!
Looks good though!!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Lower the front some, and get an Aal for sure
Old 02-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
wizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Damn that shits high in the front!! Get Toytec's AAL, costs $92 shipped!
Looks good though!!
I am looking at the Toytec or All Pro AAL. Do you know if I need longer U-Bolts from the Toytec AAL? I am also unsure if I will need axle shims and/or a carrier bearing drop.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
looks sick, if its not to personal what was the price of lift then the price of install?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
wizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
looks sick, if its not to personal what was the price of lift then the price of install?
Thanks!! The install was free as I did it myself. The coilovers were around $900 and the UCA's were about $550. I don't remember the exact prices but I purchased them during the All Pro group but around September 2010.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
wizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BSSG View Post
Looks good, keep us updated on the Walker Evans, not too many people around here running them. Congrats
I will keep you posted. So far all I can say is they are super stiff but that's because I have too much preload.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizo View Post
Thanks!! The install was free as I did it myself. The coilovers were around $900 and the UCA's were about $550. I don't remember the exact prices but I purchased them during the All Pro group but around September 2010.
Thanks for the prices man, looks really tough.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck
Old 02-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know how you like the ap ucas
Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #12
ARC is on a distinguished road
Army: MGS Gunner, 1-27INF 25th ID
Name: Andrew
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
I am considering a similar setup. Interested to see how you like it over time.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #13
Street glide or die

This is the first walker evans products Ive seen on a tacoma, why is that?
Old 02-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
wizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaCoULuV2Hate View Post
Nice truck
Quote:
Thanks for the prices man, looks really tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
pretty sick setup
Thanks for the complements guys.

I am looking to order the All Pro or Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL and hope to have it installed next weekend. I will keep you posted.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 AM   #16
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is the first walker evans products Ive seen on a tacoma, why is that?
i've been running my front 2.0 WE COs for over 2 years and the 2.0 rears for almost the same.

they will be replaced.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:30 AM   #17
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i've been running my front 2.0 WE COs for over 2 years and the 2.0 rears for almost the same.

they will be replaced.
Why replace them?
Old 02-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #18
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC View Post
Why replace them?
ride like a tank and the coils are too close for my comfort. the 2.5s "appear" to be a better build. the way the 2.0 COs attach to the upper strut mount is flimsy and looks like a cheap way to make a shock work for a different vehicles use. i plan on rebuilding them for now, but they will get replaced.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:30 AM   #19
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
ride like a tank and the coils are too close for my comfort. the 2.5s "appear" to be a better build. the way the 2.0 COs attach to the upper strut mount is flimsy and looks like a cheap way to make a shock work for a different vehicles use. i plan on rebuilding them for now, but they will get replaced.
Good to know, maybe I'll go for the Fox 2.0''. Are you still happy with your UCA's?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC View Post
Good to know, maybe I'll go for the Fox 2.0''. Are you still happy with your UCA's?
i've got the original AP 1" UCAs and they will get replaced too. they dont bring the alignment back enough caster and just personal preference. all of my AP stuff will get replaced except for maybe the rear diff skid and the rear leafs/u bolt flip.