Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Stock UCA's to Light Racing UCA's

Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Stock UCA's to Light Racing UCA's

I noticed on the stock UCA's there are like hoses or lines bolted to them. I want the Light Racing UCA's, will they have the same bolt holes to connect them right back up? Thanks for your time, I have a chance to get a brand new set for 375.00 shipped with all hardware.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Those are wires for the abs sensor. If the LR UCAs don't have a hole foe the bolt, then you use a zip tie.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
yea i have lr uca's and they have the holes for the bracket....
g/l
Old 02-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
Valley Viking is on a distinguished road

Valley Viking's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a link to the Light Racing UCA install video on Specialty Products website.

http://www.spc-tv.com/install/lt-suv...trol-arms.html
Old 02-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anyone know the size of the balljoint nut "socket size needed"
Old 02-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, thanks for the video! Now how do I jack up my vehicle with a load on the suspension? Do I just put the bottle jack under the LCA, and take the wheel off?! That doesn't seem very safe...
Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #10
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
Awesome, thanks for the video! Now how do I jack up my vehicle with a load on the suspension? Do I just put the bottle jack under the LCA, and take the wheel off?! That doesn't seem very safe...
i suppoted the truck on jack stands the i slid the tire half under just as a precaution then jack form the lca
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
How do you mean "slid the tire half under"? If I were to jack it up under the LCA, and then slip my jack stands under the frame I should be good no? I really only need the wheel about 1/2" off the ground to get it off...
Old 02-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #12
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
How do you mean "slid the tire half under"? If I were to jack it up under the LCA, and then slip my jack stands under the frame I should be good no? I really only need the wheel about 1/2" off the ground to get it off...
just when i take my tires off of the truck i slide them half under the truck incase anything ever happenes the frame will hang up on the tires.....
thats just something i do.....
Old 02-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
BIG DADDY

loosen up your lugs
jack up truck
place jack stands on both sides of frame.....
take tires off....
slide them half under truck or sit on them...they make a good seat
then you can use the jack under the lca if you need it there
Old 02-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #14
robjobu74 is on a distinguished road

robjobu74's Tacoma Gallery
I used a floor jack but you can jack up and then put a jack stand under the frame to support then use the bottle jack to support under the brake caliper.