Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alternative for Poor Folk like me ..

Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #21
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Are those the Billies with resi's ?
Ya, I'm looking at the 5110s. Its gonna be the shit! (I hope).
Old 02-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #22
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Ya, I'm looking at the 5110s. Its gonna be the shit! (I hope).
Very Nice !! I broke my springs in a bit tonight, nothing hard just getting them to settle...

Old 02-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #24
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Just keep and eye on them, they will probably shift around after a few weeks of driving. When they do just knock them back into align and make sure the center pin is tight.

Yeah I put couple bags of concrete & my spare in the back for a mild "shake down" , checked springs & re torqued, no shifting & torque was good but I'm still changing the brakeline something about 4"-6" longer...
Old 01-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #26
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
more info on this lol. i want about 2" out back. i dont know a dam thing about leafs so what should i look for if i want to do what you did

Nice ARC, consistency of ARC, most importantly WIDTH, width has got to be near identical to the main leaf/leafs you're building off of, go to wrecking yard & start looking for 1-ton Chevy S-10 flatbed springs

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv v

I did this one today for myself....
Old 01-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #27
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Doug, I still say you need a "OMD Leaf Spring and Bikini Waxing Emporium" Decal.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:25 AM   #28
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job! I did the same thing with my Bronco II way back when, combined f-150 and some sploder springs. So cool you got 3" of lift. How do they flex? looks like they have plenty of arch left in them.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #29
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
Doug, I still say you need a "OMD Leaf Spring and Bikini Waxing Emporium" Decal.
Haha , no shit huh Rick !!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco2134 View Post
Nice job! I did the same thing with my Bronco II way back when, combined f-150 and some sploder springs. So cool you got 3" of lift. How do they flex? looks like they have plenty of arch left in them.

Thanks bro', this little leafpack I did yesterday is a combination of the stock 3-leaf config, w/2 Ford springs topped off by an additional Chevy spring, maybe call it OMD 6-pack...

The added lift (3.5") is plenty for obstacle clearing, & the unusually long (for a truck this size) stock main leaf with the added steel really starts to ramp up when the springs start to compress & when one or the other rear wheels is off the ground allowing full droop I still have roughly 2" of travel left on the shock still on the ground, so its safe to say articulation is waaay improved without worry to damage suspension (shocks)
Old 01-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #30
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Nice ARC, consistency of ARC, most importantly WIDTH, width has got to be near identical to the main leaf/leafs you're building off of, go to wrecking yard & start looking for 1-ton Chevy S-10 flatbed springs

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv v

I did this one today for myself....
so all you did for that one was take the stock leaf pack and put in 2 other springs below them? any way i can predict how much lift i will get out of one/two more leafs?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
This is something I need to learn... or do. Awesome stuff!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #32
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
I'm ready to do this I went to one junkyard today and I'm going back to pull some leafs tomorrow hopefully
Old 01-31-2012, 02:09 AM   #33
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
This is a great mod. I might experiment with my stock non-TSB leaf pack now. + rep for 4WD's ingenuity.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:26 AM   #34
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
so all you did for that one was take the stock leaf pack and put in 2 other springs below them? any way i can predict how much lift i will get out of one/two more leafs?
Yeah, this started as a stock 3 leaf 1st gen. added 2 Ford Ranger springs & gained 3". So far ,all of my rebuilds have gained 3" w/2 springs per side, safe to say 1 leaf would yield 1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Baum View Post
This is something I need to learn... or do. Awesome stuff!
Thanks Adam, still want a kit ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
I'm ready to do this I went to one junkyard today and I'm going back to pull some leafs tomorrow hopefully
Niiiiice, let me know if ya have any problems or questions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco2134 View Post
This is a great mod. I might experiment with my stock non-TSB leaf pack now. + rep for 4WD's ingenuity.
Thanks brother, & I encourage you to experiment, let me know your results...

Old 01-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #35
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Been waiting on the PM actually.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:41 AM   #36
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Hell Yea! Good Yab!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #37
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
Hey 4WD i got some leafs today but what are u getting a new longer centering bolt?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #38
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Hey 4WD i got some leafs today but what are u getting a new longer centering bolt?
I get mine at National Spring but ORW has them & just about any suspension shop should be able to help you out