1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which Shocks for rear TSB + 1.5 AAL

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 09slvrtaco, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Feb 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    09slvrtaco

09slvrtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver DC LB PreRunner Sport
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Weather Tech's, Tint, AFE air filter, 5100's on all four corners, front set at 0, Eibach coils, tsb spring
    Ok i'm curious on what shocks everyone is running with a rear tsb and 1.5 aal.

I have a db cab long bed with the tsb. Origanlly I was planning on getting the 5100's on all corners and setting the front to .85. Well with just the tsb spring when I was hauling the other day I noticed I was front high with 30 sand bags right by the tailgate. I think it was about 1,500 lbs which may have been to much. anyway... I'm planning on getting a boat soon and don't want to be driving around nose high. If I raise the front more, I risk the chance of doing that even more. I was thinking about air bags but would be nervious to do any type of dirt trail/offroading which could cause damage.

I talked to DSM and they gave me a few options for shocks which were
    regular 5100's, if I run these I could top out the shock and damage mounts and i'm limited on droop.
    or
    extended 5100's, If i run these i risk bottoming out do to the collapse rate with the 1.5 aal.

I just want to get a good idea of what everyone is running with this setup and how does it handle? Should I not go with the aal and just get the Firestone Ride Rite airbags?

Products Discussed in

To Top