Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ready to do my 1st Lift, Advice?

Old 05-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
The Count is on a distinguished road
The Count's Tacoma Gallery
Ready to do my 1st Lift, Advice?

My first Taco and my first lift. Nothing like less than 2k miles and ripping into the suspension. Well anyway, I have the ToyTec 3" lift on the way and some FJ 17 alloys from Ebay. I also purchased the diff drop. Should I also do the driveshaft carrier bearing drop? Has anyone done this? It's only $15. Also, on an '07, is it difficult to compress the springs or should I not even try it. They seem pretty beefy! Is this a shade tree mechanic job? I've done rear suspension work, motors, rears, but never front end stuff. Thanx for the advice!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
RAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RAPOM's Tacoma Gallery
I would say always use a spring compressor. Cheap price to buy or rent to save your fingers, crushing injuries are the worst trust me and my 9 and a half fingers. I would get the carrier drop for $15 since your going to be under there, better than getting a vib in the drive train and having to to it anyway a month or 2 down the road.