Notices

OME complete kits

Old 02-15-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
nabcracker is on a distinguished road
nabcracker's Tacoma Gallery
OME complete kits

I am looking at an OME complete kit

http://store.arbusa.com/2-Inch-05tac...it-P21031.aspx

I am not going to do the added spacer for a full three inches. A couple questions, when I price this kit at 4wheelparts, they list a drive shaft spacer. What is this and is it a needed part for a 2 inch lift?

My biggest question is should I get the heavy duty or light duty shocks? I pull a 7x12 enclosed trailer 1-5 times a year but i may pull it cross country a couple of those times. Should I get the heavy duty shocks or stay light duty. FWIW i dont do any major off roading, but may get into it a little more.

I did a lot of searching, but could not find much on the heavy duty shock option.

When I talked to Toytec, they recommended the ULK with added Dakars leafs
Old 02-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The " driveshaft drop" is a CB drop , or carrier bearing drop , this is intended to correct the angle of the driveshaft after you alter the geometry by installing the lift.

The heavy duty coils are the 886 , they are intended to be used if you add an aftermarket steel bumper ( +/- 100 lbs ) and a winch . If you do not intend on adding that much weight to the front , you will be fine with the 885 springs .

I am about to install the very same lift ( 885's and Dakars )
Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
About to order mine too just looking for more info. I might go 886 for a bumper in the future so I'll put up with the stiffness
Old 02-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The " driveshaft drop" is a CB drop , or carrier bearing drop , this is intended to correct the angle of the driveshaft after you alter the geometry by installing the lift.

The heavy duty coils are the 886 , they are intended to be used if you add an aftermarket steel bumper ( +/- 100 lbs ) and a winch . If you do not intend on adding that much weight to the front , you will be fine with the 885 springs .

I am about to install the very same lift ( 885's and Dakars )
Pics of your truck with bumper on man......when ya get a chance
Old 02-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
nabcracker is on a distinguished road
nabcracker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Thanks OZ. I had planned on the 885s, I think the 4wheel parts site had me confused stating heavy duty gas shocks instead of coils.