Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

883 or eibach coils

Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
883 or eibach coils

would the 883 or eibach coils get rid of the taco lean, or atleast make it less than 1/2 inch?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
I think if you put a sportster in the back of the truck, no one would notice the lean....
Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
do you mean the rake or the drivers side lean? because for the drivers side lean you can buy a 1/4"(?) spacer i believe, which would fix it

EDIT: here is a link for the driver side lean fix

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

as for the rake, they are about the same and i dont think they would level the truck on its own
Old 02-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drivers side lean. ya i know about the 1/4 inch spacer but i also want to lift the front of my truck about 1 to 1 1/2 inches because the rcd sits ass high especially with the canadian leaf pack.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #5

bump
Old 05-16-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Bear Jew is on a distinguished road

Name: Brennan
Bear Jew's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased the billys and 883 coils, according to my research, that should level our trucks out pretty good! Gonna get them installed soon so I should have some concrete answers soon.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #7
TacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacomaJay09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
I just purchased the billys and 883 coils, according to my research, that should level our trucks out pretty good! Gonna get them installed soon so I should have some concrete answers soon.

So what's the report?
Old 06-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #8
Bear Jew is on a distinguished road

Name: Brennan
Bear Jew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJay09 View Post
So what's the report?
With the Billy's and the 883 coils and driver side top plate spacer, I'm under a quarter of an inch lower in the front than in the back on driver and passenger side. I find the ride to be way more "grounded" than before......a lot less jumpy while making highway maneuvers. Very happy with the look.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:59 AM   #9
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
drivers side lean. ya i know about the 1/4 inch spacer but i also want to lift the front of my truck about 1 to 1 1/2 inches because the rcd sits ass high especially with the canadian leaf pack.
What kind of wheeling do you do with your truck? True, you can run a really stiff spring, like the 883, and it will help with some of your lean. But, it won't flex at all off road and will be stiff on the road. Really, you want to bump up only one side of your rig. The best way to do that is with a coilover, so you can continually adjust it, as your springs break in. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, I'd just get a spring with a spring rate appropriate for the weight of your truck and run the 1/4 inch spacer.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #10
TacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacomaJay09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
With the Billy's and the 883 coils and driver side top plate spacer, I'm under a quarter of an inch lower in the front than in the back on driver and passenger side. I find the ride to be way more "grounded" than before......a lot less jumpy while making highway maneuvers. Very happy with the look.
Were you able to get a good alignment with them? What were your alignment numbers? Did you also install UCA's? Thanks