Fox 5 23.81%
King 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
LVtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Grahm
LVtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at getting coil overs.

Hey guys I am looking at getting coil over, leafs and rear shocks but I don't know what to get.

Should I get Icons, fox or king?

What ever I get needs to still have great street ability.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVtaco View Post
Hey guys I am looking at getting coil over, leafs and rear shocks but I don't know what to get.

Should I get Icons, fox or king?

What ever I get needs to still have great street ability.

Thanks
From what I've heard they are all great! So pick your favorite color. I have SAWs and they work great.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
LVtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard the same thing. But one has to be better than the other right?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Icon uses digressive valving. It starts soft and gets stiffer as the cycle speed increases. The others are the opposite. From what I have read they are all great. Choose what type of ride you want and go from there.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
LVtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Icon uses digressive valving. It starts soft and gets stiffer as the cycle speed increases. The others are the opposite. From what I have read they are all great. Choose what type of ride you want and go from there.

What are the pros of Digressive Valving?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Its the opposite... digressive valvig opens up as velocity increases. That makes it firmer on road and softer off road.

You gain some handling on road and off road comfort. You lose some on road comfort and maximum dampning on huge hits.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Its the opposite... digressive valvig opens up as velocity increases. That makes it firmer on road and softer off road.

You gain some handling and off road comfort. You lose some on road comfort and maximum dampning on huge hits.
^^^^this^^^^
Old 02-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I was close.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, my leepers are also digressively valved and I love it. They handle great and they still ride like a cadillac.

However, I thought Donahoe's were digressively valved and Icon switched back to progressive valving? I'm not positive about this.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
LVtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post

You gain some handling on road and off road comfort. You lose some on road comfort and maximum dampning on huge hits.

So what i get from this is that the Icon will have a softer on road feel and rougher off road feel VS. the Kings or Fox.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVtaco View Post
So what i get from this is that the Icon will have a softer on road feel and rougher off road feel VS. the Kings or Fox.
Not quite... They'll be stiffer with minor stuff, but still soft on larger stuff.

So on-road, you'll get better handling but a rougher ride over little bumps and things.

Off-road or over large potholes, etc it'll probably be about the same. It may be slightly rougher.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
Tythias is on a distinguished road
Tythias's Tacoma Gallery
I had Fox reservoir shocks in the rear and CO's in the front on my 2007 Ranger.
(removed the torsion bars)
They rode VERY nice on and offroad.