LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100 shocks on stock sr5??

Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 shocks on stock sr5??

Got my stock double cab sr5 2010. wanted the trd offoad package but didnt have the extra $ lol. Can i just buy the Bilstein 5100 shocks and have them put on np. I didnt know if they were for the trd only or for all tacomca models. Would they make my stock height of truck alittle higher with the new shocks. .and these are godd for minor offroading right lol.

thanks guys. Love the help from you guys, your the best
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
yes
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
oh and if you guys have before and after pics of the shocks installled that would be great too. Thanks guys
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
No issues putting these on a stock SR5. The fronts are adjustable so you can adjust the height depending on where you set them. The fronts can be set at intervals from stock height to 2.5" of lift. The rears do not provide any lift.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you can use them on a SR5 the 5100's are for all 6 lug Tacoma's there is a lot of guys running them on non TRD Tacoma's. If I had known better I would of bought a non TRD and put in a ARB locker. Because the locker is really the only thing you will end up keeping form the TRD package if your modding the truck.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
No issues putting these on a stock SR5. The fronts are adjustable so you can adjust the height depending on where you set them. The fronts can be set at intervals from stock height to 2.5" of lift. The rears do not provide any lift.
pm'ing...........
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
so wait, if bilstiens only raise the fron 2.5" then how would you go about raising the rear to level the whole truck at 2.5"?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
so wait, if bilstiens only raise the fron 2.5" then how would you go about raising the rear to level the whole truck at 2.5"?

AAL
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Add-a-leafs or replace the leaf pack.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I have a friend with a tacoma that wants to raise it just a lil, I did a relatively small search on here and found the 5100's that i thought raised the truck all around :S

It's funny, I've poured through this site for mechanical and performance and mods but I've got a lowered XR. Never once reaserched lifts.

okay so 2 5100's for the front is about 180$. Whats the cheapest way to raise the rear?

edit: to level Taco at 2.5"
Old 02-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a friend with a tacoma that wants to raise it just a lil, I did a relatively small search on here and found the 5100's that i thought raised the truck all around :S

It's funny, I've poured through this site for mechanical and performance and mods but I've got a lowered XR. Never once reaserched lifts.

okay so 2 5100's for the front is about 180$. Whats the cheapest way to raise the rear?

edit: to level Taco at 2.5"

AAL there about 80 bucks
Old 02-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #13
Thanks for the help guys. I really needed the infor. Great. Only one thing, how are these offorading. Im not some serrous off roader, maybe just some mudding and light trials. All i need to do is to buy some of those shocks, aggressive tires and im good to go. thanks.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I really needed the infor. Great. Only one thing, how are these offorading. Im not some serrous off roader, maybe just some mudding and light trials. All i need to do is to buy some of those shocks, aggressive tires and im good to go. thanks.

I think they do great for light wheeling. i take my truck on class 5/6 trails and they handle really well I do have the Eibach coils as well so that helps with the ride.