Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Suspension lift kit or Bilstein Adjustable lift kit with 5100 shocks

View Poll Results: Which Lift?
Bilstein Adjustable lift kit with 5100 shocks 16 38.10%
OME Suspension lift kit 26 61.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Krasus22 has a spectacular aura aboutKrasus22 has a spectacular aura aboutKrasus22 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
Krasus22's Tacoma Gallery
OME Suspension lift kit or Bilstein Adjustable lift kit with 5100 shocks

I am looking at getting either the OME Suspension lift kit or Bilstein Adjustable lift kit with 5100 shocks. I have been reading that both kits are really good for the cost, but it seems like most prefer the OME Suspension lift kit.

I also really like these two kits because I am on a budget and I am trying to get my best bang for the buck.

What are your thoughts?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I've been happy with My OME setup.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Ive heard good things about both, but I decieded to go with a Pro Comp lift.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Krasus22 has a spectacular aura aboutKrasus22 has a spectacular aura aboutKrasus22 has a spectacular aura about

Thnx for the input guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Ive heard good things about both, but I decieded to go with a Pro Comp lift
Pro Comp has a great price and was leaning towards those at one point. But def set on one of these two. Thank you for the input though. You like your Pro Comp lift?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasus22 View Post
Thnx for the input guys!

Pro Comp has a great price and was leaning towards those at one point. But def set on one of these two. Thank you for the input though. You like your Pro Comp lift?
Yeah, Its a little stiffer but definatley worth it for the price.
Good luck on your decision!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Yeah, Its a little stiffer but definatley worth it for the price.
Good luck on your decision!
Thank You!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
Dank Tank
Just noticed both of our names are Matt and we both have black Tacomas lol
Old 02-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
cant go wrong with either. have you thought about pairing 5100's with OME coils or Eibachs? thats also a very popular choice around here
Old 02-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Just noticed both of our names are Matt and we both have black Tacomas lol
lol NICE!!!! What can I say, Matt's are smart
Old 02-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
cant go wrong with either. have you thought about pairing 5100's with OME coils or Eibachs? thats also a very popular choice around here
Nah I didn't really think about that. I am still trying to learn about the different types of lifts, so didn't really think about combining the two.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
I was basing my decisions off of the lifts kits from Toytec. But thanks for the great idea, def will have to consider that one.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Lift

Quote:
Ive heard good things about both, but I decieded to go with a Pro Comp lift
how much was your lift?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
Dank Tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudthedoor View Post
how much was your lift?
$375
Old 02-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #13
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nah I didn't really think about that. I am still trying to learn about the different types of lifts, so didn't really think about combining the two.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
I was basing my decisions off of the lifts kits from Toytec. But thanks for the great idea, def will have to consider that one.
thats cool. just note that UCA's are recommended for any lift over 2.5".
Old 02-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #14

Quote:
thats cool. just note that UCA's are recommended for any lift over 2.5".
sorry for the noob questions, but what are UCA's?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #15

Quote:
upper control arms
Old 02-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #16
lopezoscar03 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 482nd FW Fire Depart.
Name: lopezoscar03@gmail.com
lopezoscar03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

upper control arm
Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #17

Quote:
upper control arms
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezoscar03 View Post
upper control arm
lol duh! damn thnx guys, don't know I didn't think of that. Yeah I am going to upgrade my UCA's from All Pro. Buy that is just a little further down the road.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #18

Quote:
lol duh! damn thnx guys, don't know I didn't think of that. Yeah I am going to upgrade my UCA's from All Pro. Buy that is just a little further down the road.
its cool! lol... you dont have to upgrade uca's right away, but plan to upgrade them in the future, better sooner than later!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #19
Dank Tank
Quote:
its cool! lol... you dont have to upgrade uca's right away, but plan to upgrade them in the future, better sooner than later!
That reminds me I should try to do that
Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Yeah I am trying to figure out what I am going to buy in what order for my truck. This damn site has been the devil, has made me want to do so many upgrades to my truck