LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME kit purchase and self install suggestions

Old 02-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #22
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
do explain these "leepers." what are they?
Hehe, oh boy. Let's just say they're coilovers that aren't available anymore. Search on the forums if you want a really long story about that.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #23
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Hehe, oh boy. Let's just say they're coilovers that aren't available anymore. Search on the forums if you want a really long story about that.
eh, doesn't sound like something i need then lol
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #24
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
eh, doesn't sound like something i need then lol
Nah, you could consider toytec and radflo though, idk...
Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #25
Or just go OME and forget about it
Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #26
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
How about pro comp 3"? Decent lift for under 500 bucks. Check out my thread in the suspension section. There you will see results and pics from several guys that are happy with the kit
Old 02-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #27
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
How about pro comp 3"? Decent lift for under 500 bucks. Check out my thread in the suspension section. There you will see results and pics from several guys that are happy with the kit
yeah, i've looked at that lift. i'm just not sure about it though.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #28

is it smarter/better to get the 885's with the OME springs? because i found the billstein shocks for $300 for all four at downsouthmotorsports.com. will it not ride as good or as good as it could if i get those?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #29

i am asking because i have been looking at prices. if i get the billsteins from downsouth ($300) and the 885's and spacers from toytec ($170+$60=$230, plus 5% TW discount = $220), i could get essentially the same kit for $520 before tax and shipping. all i am missing is the AAL, which i don't need, and a few other items like the diff. drop and taco lean spacer. would that be a bad setup by mixing those two brands, will it not ride as good, or will it be fine? also, if i did that, would i need to buy the extra bushings or anything else to put this together?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 AM   #30
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
That's a great combination! Several people run that setup search 5100s and 885s and check out all the threads
Old 02-22-2011, 06:52 AM   #31
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I am having this lift (OME) installed as I type this by a local auto shop for $300, IMO that's not bad this includes assembly of the struts and coils. From what I read on this forum..... this lift will ride rougher than stock on the street but will perform way better than your stock supension on bumpy gravel roads. You will get about 2.5 inches of lift, but you can go with a top plate spacer and get a full 3 inches, but this will limit your down travel and will make your rider stiffer. If you choose to install it your self toytec has installation instructions for both the Ultimate lift and OME. You should get some new ucas for alignment purposes I went with LR UCAs for two reasons... no lubeing and I don't plan on offroading so I don't need the extra down travel. I also read that the diff drop offered with this kit is a waste of money.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Truck View Post
I am having this lift (OME) installed as I type this by a local auto shop for $300, IMO that's not bad this includes assembly of the struts and coils. From what I read on this forum..... this lift will ride rougher than stock on the street but will perform way better than your stock supension on bumpy gravel roads. You will get about 2.5 inches of lift, but you can go with a top plate spacer and get a full 3 inches, but this will limit your down travel and will make your rider stiffer. If you choose to install it your self toytec has installation instructions for both the Ultimate lift and OME. You should get some new ucas for alignment purposes I went with LR UCAs for two reasons... no lubeing and I don't plan on offroading so I don't need the extra down travel. I also read that the diff drop offered with this kit is a waste of money.
thanks for the info man.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #33

so....with these cheaper bilstein shocks, are they going to perform "cheaper" as well? i can save some money by using those instead of the OME shocks. but is there going to be a performance difference or a more bumpy or rough ride if i get these instead of the OME shocks? or is the difference going to be minimal and unnoticeable, so that i should just save a chunk and pair the bilsteins with 885's? i know i keep asking questions, but i want to do things right this time, instead of having a terrible ride and having to re-do it in the future again like i am now with these spacers.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #34

bump for help/input. anyone with OME coils, spacer, and 5100's willing to tell me how the ride is? is it: terrible/rough, "like a truck should ride," or good?

i'm doing probably 90% street driving along with crappy roads and gravel roads
Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #35

i ordered the "updated" 885's, OME front 90000's, OME rear n182's, trim packer, and carrier bearing drop from down south motorsports today. dsm doesn't have the top plate spacers, so i didn't get them.

question: for 4x4's, what lift are you getting with the new 885's without top plate spacers?
i know these updated coils aren't supposed to settle as much and initially give around or a little over 3'', but with my extra weight of 4x4 and an avid light bar, will that drop mine some more? I ask because i don't want to install the lift, and then later drop to around 2.5'', when i should have added the spacers in the first place. would it be difficult to add the spacers at a later time?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #36

....so, anybody got 4x4 measurements without the spacer? I'm trying to decide whether or not i need to get top plate spacers or not to get right at or a hair above 3''. would the toytec 3/4'' lift spacer be too much? the toytec 1/2'' lift spacer not be enough? or would the wheeler's 10mm or 13mm spacer be better?

and yes, i've been searching, but most of the measurements i have found are the old springs that sagged and the few that have spacers that got 3'' on 4x4 don't say which spacer they have.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #37
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
The new springs are scragged so they really shouldn't have any fade or settling to them at all.

Second I installed this lift on my own at night in the ambulance bay.

They guy who drained his tranny, thinking it was engine oil, and then in a moment of panic proceeded to fill his coolant with it.

(Fucking red long life coolant! )
Old 03-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
The new springs are scragged so they really shouldn't have any fade or settling to them at all.

Second I installed this lift on my own at night in the ambulance bay.

They guy who drained his tranny, thinking it was engine oil, and then in a moment of panic proceeded to fill his coolant with it.

(Fucking red long life coolant! )
so yours got around 3'' without any spacers? i just think the extra weight of my double cab might make mine sag a tad more that your access cab.

haha, everybody knows at least one of "that guy" haha. it's all good man, we all make simple screw ups, some are just harder to fix lol.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #39
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
True that. My access cab has an ARB hanging off the front of it. I have the older 886 coils that aren't scragged, so I'm closer to 2" of height without the front spacers. It rides really good though, I love it.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
True that. My access cab has an ARB hanging off the front of it. I have the older 886 coils that aren't scragged, so I'm closer to 2" of height without the front spacers. It rides really good though, I love it.
cool man, thanks for the info.