Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME kit purchase and self install suggestions

Old 04-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #81
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
You are a much more patient man than I, sir.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #82
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
You are a much more patient man than I, sir.
i only was because i knew my truck was in his hands. i knew he could drag his feet with everything and jack up the price or f something up on purpose. trust me, i was pissed as hell and still am a when i think about it. i wanted to rip his fucking head off when he said "i ain't doing it for free" about fixing his mistake. even more so when i saw that he grinded back the sway bar to spite me. idk, it's possible that he may still have needed to, but nobody else on TW that i saw needed to. he's just one of those stubborn old mechanics that has one way, his way, and i guess it's not usually challenged. but it's all good now and it turned out ok.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #83
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
i only was because i knew my truck was in his hands. i knew he could drag his feet with everything and jack up the price or f something up on purpose. trust me, i was pissed as hell and still am a when i think about it. i wanted to rip his fucking head off when he said "i ain't doing it for free" about fixing his mistake. even more so when i saw that he grinded back the sway bar to spite me. idk, it's possible that he may still have needed to, but nobody else on TW that i saw needed to. he's just one of those stubborn old mechanics that has one way, his way, and i guess it's not usually challenged. but it's all good now and it turned out ok.
glad it came out ok! Next time, maybe do it yourself
Old 04-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #84
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
glad it came out ok! Next time, maybe do it yourself
i'm hoping there's not a next time for a long time, but if so, i probably will. at least then it will be free and if it's f-ed up, it's my fault.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #86
Robm is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
Robm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
well i finally got my correct shocks in friday. they were still a little nicked up, but i guess that comes with shipping it cross country. at least they were the correct ones this time. i backed out of doing the install myself. i don't really have the tools, time, or experience to do it myself. i might F something up, lol. so i'm having a buddy with a shop down the road do the install. he's doing me right and quoted me about $200-300, depending on how long it takes. so i think for the price and the fact that he knows what he's doing, it's better off that way.

as far as the coding OZ-T, i couldn't really get an answer. like we agreed on, the middle part of the code is the production date. DSM couldn't really tell me what the "D...3" and the "A...3" meant. it makes sense since DSM doesn't make them and doesn't really normally sell them other than to us. my guess is that it's just a batch number or maybe where they were made. however, the "D...3" was still longer and stiffer than the other. oh well, as long as both fronts and rears are the same, i'm happy. i just didn't want to couple two different shocks opposite of one another. now my fronts are both "A...3" numbers and the rears are "D...3" numbers.

You know if you wanted to find out the numbers on the shock the best thing to do would be to call ARB Usa, since they make the shock. They are all great guys to talk to and very helpful.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #87
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
A couple of us have had to put on a toytec sway bar relocate to keep the sway bar from hitting the coils.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robm View Post
You know if you wanted to find out the numbers on the shock the best thing to do would be to call ARB Usa, since they make the shock. They are all great guys to talk to and very helpful.
yeah, i thought about that after the fact. it all worked out fine though. thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
A couple of us have had to put on a toytec sway bar relocate to keep the sway bar from hitting the coils.
good info, i wish i had known before i argued with my mechanic, lol. i looked and didn't find anyone that said they needed to. but then again, i didn't search extensively. it wasn't hitting the coils, just the bottom part of the bell shaped cup. mainly i was arguing with him that the bottom cup was upside down and that if it was turned up, that it would probably not hit. as well as the fact that regardless of it hitting, it was upside down.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #89
dahwee is on a distinguished road

Army: Detachment Commander, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne)
Name: Vance
dahwee's Tacoma Gallery
With the OME lift....

What size tires can you run on 17" rims without rub?

What size tires can you run on 16" rums without rub?