Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

after lift rubbing

Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #21
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Take the wheel off and turn the hub to see if it still makes the noise. It's possible that one of the shields around the rotor got bent when you put the wheel back on. It happened on my friend's tundra after we lifted it.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #22
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
this happens to me all the time while wheeling, were you in softer sand, dirt when it happened? like a wash?
Old 02-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #23
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sent you a pm with availability for meeting you
Old 02-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #24
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
yea, it's like a wash that i've been going through and thats where i was when i first heard it. do you think that could have something to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Take the wheel off and turn the hub to see if it still makes the noise. It's possible that one of the shields around the rotor got bent when you put the wheel back on. It happened on my friend's tundra after we lifted it.
ill try this at school tomorrow
Old 02-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #25
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
hope you find out whats wrong. are you sure the noise is coming from the front?
yea it's definitely coming from the front
Old 02-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #26
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden View Post
yea it's definitely coming from the front
no way youre rubbing the spindle with that much clearance. chances are youre rubbing somewhere else. Its possible youre rubbing the UCA at lock, but it would be obvious as the place where you are rubbing would be cleanly rubbed. Most likely you are rubbing somewhere else.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #27
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ever figure it out? Hit me up, I am available most of the day tomorrow to help you figure it out!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #28
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
well, i found the rubbing... after cranking up my coilovers on the driver side to even out the taco lean, i noticed a rubbed down spot on the lower control arm which must have come from the tire rub on locked left turns in the dirt...

not sure if this is normal? i still have stock UCA's and stock wheels and tire's and have never heard of rubbing with a stock setup like that..

any feedback would be nice
Old 04-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #29
Almost there

its probably because with 3" of lift the wheel and tire assembly gets sucked in so to speak and thats why you are rubbing the arm. most people get 4.5 bs wheels to offset that issue
Old 04-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #30
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
its probably because with 3" of lift the wheel and tire assembly gets sucked in so to speak and thats why you are rubbing the arm. most people get 4.5 bs wheels to offset that issue
that makes sense. guess i'll have to get some new wheels and tires soon :P