Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Got My Rear TSB Done - Review/Questions

Old 02-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Got My Rear TSB Done - Review/Questions

So yesterday I took my 2010 TRD Sport into the Wilsonville Toyota Dealer here in Oregon. Dropped it off at 8:30, wasn't done until 6:15 and by then I was at the Blazer game, so I picked it up today and drove home..haven't driven anywhere rough or anything, but I noticed it is a lot firmer, but not stiffer, firmer as in the sense of...idk how to explain it, but I love it so far and I'm glad I got it done! It rides A LOT nicer, and turns/corners better I feel like?? Also, I lowered the tailgate and sat on it, and it no longer sinks like 3 inches! If anyone is contemplating the TSB, I would say get it done, I really like it!

Also, I'm going to be ordering front adjustable Bilstein 5100's and I want to know what to set them at to level out the truck, or be as close to level w/ the rear. I have a (i think 2") Tuff Country Spacer lift on the front to level it out with the stock rear(it did a good job leveling it, but it's starting to ride like shit) and my measurements were(with tuff country leveling kit, and stock rear):
Front Driver: 21 and 3/4"
Front Pass: 21 and 3/4"
Stock Rear Driver: 21 and 5/8"
Stock Rear Pass: 21 and 5/8"

Now:
TSB Rear(both same): 22 and 1/2"

What will I need to set Billies at up front? I will be removing the spacer lift when the 5100's go in, so that will drop the front down to whatever a stock 2010 TRD Sport DC front measurements are.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Let the rear springs settle first.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
1/2 inch or so on average from what i have read
Old 02-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I love the ride with the TSB springs. How is the service at Wilsonville?
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
elgin is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
elgin's Tacoma Gallery
on my last truck after TSB i set the billies at 1.75" and the rear was about 1/2" higher after settling so thats what i would recommend if you want it level. Guessing thats what you want to do since you had spacers.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
I love the ride with the TSB springs. How is the service at Wilsonville?
Service was good, went in there last week, told them bed was sagging and was a harsh ride with a load, they went and checked and came back with the TSB. Ordered the parts right away and got it in yesterday. Only bad part was dropped it off at 8:30, wasn't done until 6:15..I don't think they started at 8:30 even though he said "it's a long tough job"...but I didn't care that much. I love the ride though, so I'm happy!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine done a month ago. love it. I just finished putting on all 4 5100's set at 1.75 in front. looks great so far. SUPER easy took 3 hours total. I'm gonna drive it around some more to set front end and i'll post pick in a few hours.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #9
Trucker

503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin View Post
on my last truck after TSB i set the billies at 1.75" and the rear was about 1/2" higher after settling so thats what i would recommend if you want it level. Guessing thats what you want to do since you had spacers.
Yeah, that's what I've heard so I'll probably do that setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppymach View Post
I got mine done a month ago. love it. I just finished putting on all 4 5100's set at 1.75 in front. looks great so far. SUPER easy took 3 hours total. I'm gonna drive it around some more to set front end and i'll post pick in a few hours.
Okay, please post some pics in this thread! I'll probably set the front at 1.75 as that's what I have heard is level.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #10
PPM is on a distinguished road

PPM's Tacoma Gallery
I just got off the phone with the service manager with my local Toyota dealer about the TSB 0359-10 bulletin for my 2010 Tacoma dbl cab lwb trd 5,100 miles on odometer about the rear spring harsh ride issue.

After going round and round over the phone, speaking with toyota care out of California and describing my problem and how I was not going to load my truck down with weight or bring my boat to the dealership, because this is a known Toyota issue, connected to my truck and clearly described the problem, he called me back about one hour later and stated toyota will take care of the everything for free. He stated they will be ordering the parts kit and will call me in a couple of days to have everything installed with no expense to me. He did explain to me that I should expect a very stiff ride and that they will not reverse any repairs once completed. I stated, it's a truck, I can deal with it. It stated ok and parts are being ordered.
Since I am going to be installing 5100's all the way around and setting the front to 1.75 after the tsb is done, just wondering if I should tell him I don't need the replacement of all four shocks, as he stated he will be ordering and doing for me at no cost, since he gave me such a hard time? My truck is a TRD and I understand I will only need the rt and lt rear four leaf spring pack, but they are offering to put the same bilstein shocks that are already on my truck as new with new bump stops? What to do?
Thanks to everyone on this forum who gave input about this problem and yes I was acutally having ride problems while pulling my boat.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
KevLot17 will become famous soon enoughKevLot17 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kevin
KevLot17's Tacoma Gallery
Get new shocks, see if you can keep the old ones, buy the 5100s, sell 2 sets of stock shocks, one new and one w/ under 6K on them! If theyre willing to GIVE you new shocks..TAKE em!.. thats my take on free things... we recently wnet to Motorama(last weekend) we stopped to get gas in Pine Grove, PA.. there was a sign, free cup of coffe with 10 gal. of fuel.. my buddy asked if any of us wanted it since he didnt.. i said.. go in there, get the cup of coffee, walk out and throw it away.. ITS FREE, this is AMERICA.. take what you can get! things like this dont happen often!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #12
PPM is on a distinguished road

PPM's Tacoma Gallery
Just got the TSB four pack rear leaf pack put on my 2010 dbl cab lwb 4x4 taco. I am installing 5100 all around this weekend. I am torn between going 1.75 or .85 in the front as I don't want to be nose high and will be hauling my boat regularly.

Any suggestions on the setting? .085 or 1.75?

Here is a pic with the TSB just done yesterday

Got My Rear TSB Done - Review/Questions-img_20110302_160951.jpg
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
mrando is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mrando's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
Service was good, went in there last week, told them bed was sagging and was a harsh ride with a load, they went and checked and came back with the TSB. Ordered the parts right away and got it in yesterday. Only bad part was dropped it off at 8:30, wasn't done until 6:15..I don't think they started at 8:30 even though he said "it's a long tough job"...but I didn't care that much. I love the ride though, so I'm happy!
Got mine done yesterday, I like the new ride. But I gotta comment, its not a long tough job, they were done with it in about 2 hours. Rear springs aren't hard, and especially not hard if you are a dealership with all the tools, lifts, etc. that make things faster. They probably just had more work than mechanics that particular day.

Have fun, enjoy the truck!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
Thucker is on a distinguished road
Thucker's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you like it. I got mine done at Gladstone, only took 3 hours. I have a set of Billies 5100 laying around if you want to work out a deal.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #16
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Just got the TSB four pack rear leaf pack put on my 2010 dbl cab lwb 4x4 taco. I am installing 5100 all around this weekend. I am torn between going 1.75 or .85 in the front as I don't want to be nose high and will be hauling my boat regularly.

Any suggestions on the setting? .085 or 1.75?

Here is a pic with the TSB just done yesterday

Attachment 90864
Suggestions about how to keep your rear end from sagging as you haul a trailer? Sure. Ride Rite airbags. I love mine.