Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Beat That Dead Horse!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Question Beat That Dead Horse!!!

I will be ordering the OME (885's) 3" Kit w/ LR UCA's. I will eventually be getting these <TIRES (5272)> with these <WHEELS.> Will I need any of the following components to ensure proper safety/durability/no rubbing/no vibes/alignment? I just want to make sure I have EVERYTHING so I can do the install all at once.

(these are ALL hyperlinks)
SWAYBAR RELOCATE
DIFF. DROP KIT
AXLE SHIMS
TOP SPACER SET (I might need the full 3" with those wheels/tires)
SINGLE SPACER (Instead of the OME trim packers)

I have a 2011 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/LB

I posted a similar question in another thread, but no response, plus it was a GB thread for Metaltech4x4, and I didn't want to hijack it. Thanks in advance for the answers/advice/experience/smartass comments etc.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
the top plate spacer will give you the full 3" lift. The diff drop is hit or miss. Most will reccomend not doing it. The axles shims or carrier bearing drop are necessary if you have vibrations after the lift is installed. Do you have a 4x4
Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
I have OME 886 springs with dakar leafs and I have vibes at about 20-30 then it goes away. I have the OME carrier bearing drop, diff drop, sway bar relocate block, and I just ordered beefedtaco's carrier bearing drop. Good luck!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
I will be ordering the OME (885's) 3" Kit w/ LR UCA's. I will eventually be getting these <TIRES (5272)> with these <WHEELS.> Will I need any of the following components to ensure proper safety/durability/no rubbing/no vibes/alignment? I just want to make sure I have EVERYTHING so I can do the install all at once.

(these are ALL hyperlinks)
SWAYBAR RELOCATE
DIFF. DROP KIT
AXLE SHIMS
TOP SPACER SET (I might need the full 3" with those wheels/tires)
SINGLE SPACER (Instead of the OME trim packers)

I have a 2011 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/LB

I posted a similar question in another thread, but no response, plus it was a GB thread for Metaltech4x4, and I didn't want to hijack it. Thanks in advance for the answers/advice/experience/smartass comments etc.
There is only one way to ensure no vibes... don't lift your truck. that being said a carrier bearing drop or shims will help. I am not sure why someone said no diff drop, but its a good idea to help with CV angles. No sway bar relocate needed for OMEs.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Some 2nd genners have issues with the diff drop some don't. Play it safe and if it doesn't help sell it
Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am not sure why someone said no diff drop, but its a good idea to help with CV angles.
They make a difference on cv angles for first gens, but they don't really do much for second gens. Someone did the math and showed it changed the angles less than 1 degree.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:30 AM   #9
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
I needed a swaybar relocate bracket and I have the OME 886 springs. OME says that it is not recommended but I needed one and have read past posts about others needing the bracket.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
Okay, I'm gonna get the SWAYBAR RELOCATE, TOP SPACER SET , and BeefedTaco's CARRIER BEARING DROP

What do you guys recommend for the "lean" fix. I was thinkin' I would just gonna put an extra SINGLE SPACER on the driver's side, or shoud I use the OME trimpack? Thanks again for the input y'all.
toytec 1/4in.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #12
Valley Viking is on a distinguished road

Valley Viking's Tacoma Gallery
Get the OME trim pack. It goes on the bottom of the coil at the spring seat. You don't want to stack spacers on top of your coil pack. I would recommend the smallest top spacers you can get. I just installed the OME 885's on my truck with the 10mm top spacer from Wheeler's Offroad and it gave me 3.5" of lift in the front. It's pushing the limits on CV angles.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
Take your swaybar off!