Notices

5125 vs OME N182?

View Poll Results: Which rear shocks to match up with my Icon 1.5" AAL
Bilstien 5125 3 30.00%
OME N182 5 50.00%
Other 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Whistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Whistler_Steve's Tacoma Gallery
5125 vs OME N182?

I just pulled the trigger on a set of Coilover's and 1.5AAL pack from ICON. I'm looking to get some shocks to go with it but the Icon Remote Reservoir's just seem like overkill for the type of stuff i'll be doing.

So my question is which shocks to go with?

Bilstien 5125's or OME N182's?

Or should I go with something else all together?

Thanks for the input!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
5100's. The 5125's are just custom length 5100's
Old 02-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
i voted 182 because they are long travel and what i just got from the fedex guy a few days ago....and they are nitro filled compared to oil piston internals.....better for your location
Old 02-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
i voted 182 because they are long travel and what i just got from the fedex guy a few days ago....and they are nitro filled compared to oil piston internals.....better for your location
The 5100's are nitro filled as well. The differences are:

5100's are a high pressure nitro charge, vs. the OME low pressure
5100's are a single wall mono tube shock, vs. the OME Double wall twin tube shock
The OME's hold a bit more oil, and have a less aggressive speed dampening system, so they tend to ride a little softer than the 5100's. If you run unloaded most of the time, the OME shocks are the way to go. If you haul alot, or tow, I think the 5100's may be for you.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

5100's are a single wall mono tube shock, vs. the OME Double wall twin tube shock
The OME's hold a bit more oil, and have a less aggressive speed dampening system, so they tend to ride a little softer than the 5100's. If you run unloaded most of the time, the OME shocks are the way to go. If you haul alot, or tow, I think the 5100's may be for you.
yeah thats what i meant
Old 02-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
Whistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Thanks Chris, That exactly what I was looking for, I rarely have much of a load other than a pile of snow in the winter and my bike in the summer so OME sounds like the better bet.

I read somewhere that the 5100's had a lifetime warranty while the OME's was only 2 years...do you know if that covers rust? I went through a few pairs of rear shocks in my old truck so if I can get a lifetime warranty on that it's enough for me to make a minor sacrifice on ride.

THanks again!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Malamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shedMalamute is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
Malamute's Tacoma Gallery
Not to hijack but what about with Dakars? Also, is travel about the same on them? I'm flip flopping back and forth with the same set up you are Steve, I want the c/o's but my logical side says go OME all the way around. I want the maximum travel I can get from IFS.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Dakars are the OME leaf pack (new leaf spring set)
Old 02-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler_Steve View Post
Thanks Chris, That exactly what I was looking for, I rarely have much of a load other than a pile of snow in the winter and my bike in the summer so OME sounds like the better bet.

I read somewhere that the 5100's had a lifetime warranty while the OME's was only 2 years...do you know if that covers rust? I went through a few pairs of rear shocks in my old truck so if I can get a lifetime warranty on that it's enough for me to make a minor sacrifice on ride.

THanks again!

The 5100's would be less likely to rust, as they are aluminum. Not sure if the warranty covers corosion. You may want to E-mail Bilstien.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #10

Marines:

This is the first gen set.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #11

Quote:
The 5100's would be less likely to rust, as they are aluminum. Not sure if the warranty covers corosion. You may want to E-mail Bilstien.
Hmm that makes it a little more tricky to decide....slightly better ride or slightly better life

Any options i'm not thinking of that are still in that price range? Ideally I'd like to stay below $200