Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Lift Info includes pics

Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #41
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Great Thread. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #44
EWhitman11 is on a distinguished road
Name: Eli
EWhitman11's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys if I install AAl's on my 03 Tacoma will that require me to replace the shocks to extended ones? Is it easy to install AAL's on your own or do you need a shop?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #45
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Easy need a floor jack, jack stands, and sockets. Jack the truck up take off tires, then loosen u bolts for leaf springs. Put stands under frame behind leaf spring, lower it until axle is an inch below leaf pack then put the add a leaf in and jack it up bolt it together. Its really easy shouldnt take more than 45 min. I would replace the rear shocks personally.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #46
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
What about spindle lift?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #47
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Hammer will be the best thing for that hit the side of it after you unbolt it and it will come off its just as easy.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #48
D33WAN4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alviraaz
D33WAN4's Tacoma Gallery
good info, thanks
Old 07-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #49
I have a shovel and no one will miss you...
TidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant future

Name: Mendy
TidalWave's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Saving for later! THANKS!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #50
LAnderson90 is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1MLG
Name: Levi
LAnderson90's Tacoma Gallery
Great information man, thanks for taking the time to help us all out!
Old 09-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #51
Dave
TacTRDFreak is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
TacTRDFreak's Tacoma Gallery
I did the 3/2 lift from Rough Country and it was quite easy and inexpensive. It rides great and gives me plenty of ground clearance.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #52
ah2010tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ah2010tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What wheels and tires do you have? Do you have any pictures?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #53
JimboSlice is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
JimboSlice's Tacoma Gallery
i hate to beat a dead horse but yeah that thread is perfect !!!
it gave me a little insight to what i "should do" vs what i was trying to "talk myself into"
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #54
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah2010tacoma View Post
What wheels and tires do you have? Do you have any pictures?

I put 265/70/17's on a set of 17" Ultra Wheel Rogues for now. Plan on going back and putting on a 32" x 11 with some spacers. Not much mud where I go off roading, but plenty of sand. Haven't transfered pics to the computer yet. But if you look at my profile pic you can see it.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #55
Dave
Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tactrdfreak Look through my photos, and you'll see some shots of the truck. For some reason, I can't upload them here.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #57
Ahmadahere
ahmadahere is on a distinguished road
ahmadahere's Tacoma Gallery
I just completed installation of the OME lift from Toytec and I wanted to share my experience. There are two key things everyone must know that Toytec does not tell you when you order their suspension kit.

1. Look forward to replacing your rear axle U-Bolts if they are rusted. I think most OME U-Bolts also have lock nuts so they don't come loose and you cannot re-use them (or you aren't suppose to). If you are planning to do this work, order them in advance. I was not expecting to do this. I took my truck apart and had to find replacement parts in a hurry because I needed my truck to get around for work. The local dealership did not have any so I went to auto parts store and found some cheap replacements. I looked up torque specs for this side and found it to be 90 ft.lbs for a 1/2 bolt diameter. I attempted to install the bolts and while torquing them stripped clean on the bolt threads. I then had to order some bolts online and pay for express shipping. This put me down for a couple days. When I got the new bolts in, I ordered the wrong size so I had to re-order and wait again. So basically, make sure you have replacements before you start the work. I actually broke my U-Bolts when I was trying to remove them, so I would just expect to change them so you are not stuck with no vehicle like I was.

2. You may also need to replace your brake lines with longer ones depending on how high you go. I went with the 3" lift and discovered that my rear brake line was too short. In extreme angles of the rear suspension motion from side to side, the brake line is at risk of breaking. I had to order a new brake line and drive my truck very carefully until then.

Keep on Truckin'

Cheers
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #58
bradpace16 is on a distinguished road
bradpace16's Tacoma Gallery
I want to put a leveling kit on my 06 Tacoma. Do you really need a spring compressor to do the job? Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #59
vtaco is on a distinguished road
vtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Best Economical Lift Solution?

I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone might have some ideas on an economical lift solution for my '10 TRD double cab. I would like to put 285/70r/17 tread on it as this year I bottomed out bad up at deer camp going over the waterbars which are 3.5ft deep and my front skid plate took a pounding too. I was thinking of a 3" revtek kit using the factory bilsteins but I am not sure if that is the way to go. Anyone get any suggestions?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #60

If you just want a price friendly lift revtek, or procomp at 4wheelparts normally has sales around christmas. If you arent really gonna use it for offroading it will be fine. Strut spacers are pretty much all the same it just goes above the coil some say rubber is better some say metal is better, its the same, if I was going your route I would do the add a leaf in the rear not just a block. Watch the cv boots too.