Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Lift Info includes pics

Old 04-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #81
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.KENNY View Post
I have a prerunner so spending 1k on a lift doesn't make sense... I wanna know how to go about getting rear leafs from the dealer via the TSB and what to set the bilstien 5100s at. Also what order to do it in
2 or 4WD, 1k to set your truck up 2" on a solid performance suspension is a great deal. It'll handle better, and you can haul more stuff. If the dealer won't take care of you you should consider it.

Sorry, I don't have the recommended settings for the Billies.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #82
S.KENNY is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Intern
Name: Shawn
S.KENNY's Tacoma Gallery
2wd
Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #83
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
2wd
What I meant was throwing an Emu lift in is a good idea even if it's a 2wd. It'll replace all of the springs and shocks on your truck. It'll level it out and it'll handle a lot better. OEM rear springs blow anyway.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #84
S.KENNY is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Intern
Name: Shawn
S.KENNY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
What I meant was throwing an Emu lift in is a good idea even if it's a 2wd. It'll replace all of the springs and shocks on your truck. It'll level it out and it'll handle a lot better. OEM rear springs blow anyway.
That 1000$ is that installed or just for the parts?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #85

Quote:
That 1000$ is that installed or just for the parts?
That's for the kit, everything you need is included except for longer brake lines. They aren't "necessary", but I HIGHLY recommend you do them. If you're savvy with a few hand tools and an air gun you can do the install yourself. If you don't have an air gun you'll need a good breaker bar and you had best be strong. If you've got a buddy who knows how to wrench, even better. You'll need a nice jack and a couple of tall jack stands (5-ton or better), and a set of 3-ton jack stands. A couple of cinder blocks wouldn't hurt. I can tell you from experience that the rear end is pretty straightforward, and if you pay attention to detail the front end is easy too. If you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 Taco I believe OME ships your struts out assembled, which saves you money and time as you can pull out the old and insert the new. The last part is bleeding the brakes and getting your truck aligned when you're done. Here are some threads you should read up on:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

The moose really put together a good thread on the OME install
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ines-pics.html

This is some guys chewing the fat about OME lifts
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html
Old 04-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #86
WindRiver is on a distinguished road
WindRiver's Tacoma Gallery
Well done....very informative. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #87
Operator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really nice

Name: Dave
Operator313's Tacoma Gallery

Maxtrac 4/2 lift kit
SpiderTrax (blemished)
No name 1.5 inch AAL
Install Labor
285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Trading in used 265/65/17 BFG Rugged Terrains

I am very satisfied with the results.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #88
Dezrat is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Dezrat's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been looking for a good long travel kit. This helped me gain the info i needed. props!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #89
Fish Killer
TampaTacoma is on a distinguished road

Army:
TampaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery

2013 DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport
Toytec lift kit with Bilstein 5100s all around, set to 2.5" in the front with OME 883 coils and a 1.5" AAL in the rear
285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers with 18x9 Fuel Hostage rims
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator313 View Post

Maxtrac 4/2 lift kit
SpiderTrax (blemished)
No name 1.5 inch AAL
Install Labor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaTacoma View Post

2013 DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport
Toytec lift kit with Bilstein 5100s all around, set to 2.5" in the front with OME 883 coils and a 1.5" AAL in the rear
285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers with 18x9 Fuel Hostage rims
Trucks look sweet! I see we're all running the Nittos. What class/weight rating did you end up getting? I jumped a curb and blew out the sidewalls on two of mine. F-ing worried about taking them offroad.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #91
Fish Killer
TampaTacoma is on a distinguished road

Army:
TampaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Trucks look sweet! I see we're all running the Nittos. What class/weight rating did you end up getting? I jumped a curb and blew out the sidewalls on two of mine. F-ing worried about taking them offroad.
If you're worried about off roading the Nittos I'd go with the Trail Grapplers versus the Terra Grapplers. My buddy has those on his truck and they are definitely a bit more rugged. I went with the Terras cause they are better for daily driving, as my off roading is limited.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaTacoma View Post
If you're worried about off roading the Nittos I'd go with the Trail Grapplers versus the Terra Grapplers. My buddy has those on his truck and they are definitely a bit more rugged. I went with the Terras cause they are better for daily driving, as my off roading is limited.
I'm in that boat too with this Taco being my DD, just not happy about having tires I thought were rated higher.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #93
Bmack04 is on a distinguished road

Bmack04's Tacoma Gallery

Front 5100s at Zero with OME 881 springs, Rear Wheelers 5 leaf with 5100 shocks.

Very satisfied with lift and Wheelers Customer Service.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #94
hellajon is on a distinguished road
hellajon's Tacoma Gallery

OME Kit, 885s with trim packer for taco lean, no spacers. Sport shocks all around with Dakar leaf pack in the rear. The front came up more than I was expecting, but it looks good and doesn't bother me one bit. Went with LR UCAs just to be safe. Loving the ride so far. Tires are 267/75 MTR w/ Kevlar.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmack04 View Post

Front 5100s at Zero with OME 881 springs, Rear Wheelers 5 leaf with 5100 shocks.

Very satisfied with lift and Wheelers Customer Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellajon View Post

OME Kit, 885s with trim packer for taco lean, no spacers. Sport shocks all around with Dakar leaf pack in the rear. The front came up more than I was expecting, but it looks good and doesn't bother me one bit. Went with LR UCAs just to be safe. Loving the ride so far. Tires are 267/75 MTR w/ Kevlar.
Very nice Tacos!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #96
thewallane is on a distinguished road

thewallane's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 08-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #97
fj40taz is on a distinguished road

Name: Carl
fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator313 View Post

Maxtrac 4/2 lift kit
SpiderTrax (blemished)
No name 1.5 inch AAL
Install Labor

What lift do u have.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #98
Remember to lube your brake pads and tire treads!
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed

quantum's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #99
ksmoove757 is a splendid one to beholdksmoove757 is a splendid one to beholdksmoove757 is a splendid one to beholdksmoove757 is a splendid one to beholdksmoove757 is a splendid one to beholdksmoove757 is a splendid one to beholdksmoove757 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kenneth
ksmoove757's Tacoma Gallery
What's up guys I have a quick question I got the 5100s and rear block installed on my 2012 tacoma double cab , just got my alignment this morning but there's a little play in my steering wheel, what could be the problem?
Old 09-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #100
Taco1456 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Taco1456's Tacoma Gallery
Very good info