Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Lift Info includes pics

Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #101
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj40taz View Post
What lift do u have.
It looks like he has 4" maxtrac spindle lift(2wd) and an AAL in the rear.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #102
OKJC is a jewel in the roughOKJC is a jewel in the roughOKJC is a jewel in the roughOKJC is a jewel in the rough
Name: Justin
OKJC's Tacoma Gallery
As someone who would like to ride a bit higher but has no experience in these matters, this was extremely helpful in introducing me to the basic terminology, principles, and variations that are out there. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #103
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I added a leaf, and over the coil lift.. Cheap, looks and feels great..
Old 11-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #104
GrIlLa is on a distinguished road
GrIlLa's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 11 Tacoma TRD sport. I have a few questions without reading 20 pages of info.
I would like to raise my Tacoma 2.5-3". What would I look for as far as a "kit" is concerned. It's a daily driver, rarely do I go off road, but I would like the dependability if such a notion strikes me. Could I slap the KMC Rockstar II's and 35's under such a setup? Also, what size wheel and offset looks good? Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Grilla
Old 12-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #105
2002Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Arthur
2002Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished my lift on my 2002 Tacoma.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #106
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrIlLa View Post
I have an 11 Tacoma TRD sport. I have a few questions without reading 20 pages of info.
I would like to raise my Tacoma 2.5-3". What would I look for as far as a "kit" is concerned. It's a daily driver, rarely do I go off road, but I would like the dependability if such a notion strikes me. Could I slap the KMC Rockstar II's and 35's under such a setup? Also, what size wheel and offset looks good? Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Grilla
Old Man Emu, 885s up front Dakars out back. Stay away from any tire over 32-33", you don't want to cut and smash to fit 35s, nor do you want to see your mileage go down the toilet for as little as you plan on wheeling.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #107
myyota2013 is on a distinguished road
Name: chad
myyota2013's Tacoma Gallery
hello need help just got a 2013 Toyota Tacoma double cab I work in the oil field and drive on really rough roads on my time off I go camping and 4wheeling in the mountains of Colorado where I call home. I hear there is a manufacture in Denver that builds lift specific for Toyota's by chance does anybody know the name. If not cool anyway I am looking for the best lift for my lifestyle and the lifestyle. Any recommendation on brand of lift kit for a 3in, size of tires and rims. Money is not an issue I want the best for my truck.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #108
Jesus follower
.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mark
.MarkyMark.'s Tacoma Gallery
By far, the best article about lifts that I have come across.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:06 AM   #109
Lindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lindsey
Lindsey Walrod's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #110
BlgnTacoOwner is on a distinguished road
BlgnTacoOwner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys. I searched around for the appropriate thread to post this in, so my apologies if there is a more appropriate thread to use. Feel free to let me know and I will re-post.

I am the owner of a 2013 4X4 double cab, and am installing an Icon extended travel front coilover setup, with a OME dakar rear leaf spring pack, and Icon rear shocks. I have included an image of what I have ordered so far. A couple of questions...

1) Can you guys take a quick look at the list and let me know if there is anything I am missing? (ie: u-bolts, etc)
2) The Icon coilovers suggest 285/75/16 tires and wheels with 5" backspacing. I am planning on keeping the stock steel wheels right now which I believe have 5" backspacing... which would satisfy what Icon suggests, but wouldnt this have a higher likelihood of rubbing since the wheel will be tucked into the fender well? Should I go against what Icon suggests and run a spacer?

Thanks for your help!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension Lift Info includes pics-icon.jpg  
Old 02-23-2014, 04:53 AM   #111
tshu44 is on a distinguished road

tshu44's Tacoma Gallery
Great info to know. Now I need to decide what I'm gonna do. Good work!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #112
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyota2013 View Post
hello need help just got a 2013 Toyota Tacoma double cab I work in the oil field and drive on really rough roads on my time off I go camping and 4wheeling in the mountains of Colorado where I call home. I hear there is a manufacture in Denver that builds lift specific for Toyota's by chance does anybody know the name. If not cool anyway I am looking for the best lift for my lifestyle and the lifestyle. Any recommendation on brand of lift kit for a 3in, size of tires and rims. Money is not an issue I want the best for my truck.
Old Man Emu kit and new UCAs for around $1500. Simple, robust, reliable.

For a little more you can run Icons. Again, a great setup, and you'll find countless members who can assist you with recommendations.

Drop bracket, spacers, etc are junk and won't last as you will be pounding on the truck all the time.

Everything after that involves modification and deeper pockets. Take a gander at Wheelers website as well as Toytec. Send them an email and see what they recommend for your intended use.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #113
IG/Twitter: mntnbikerbw
mntnbikerbw is just really nicemntnbikerbw is just really nicemntnbikerbw is just really nicemntnbikerbw is just really nicemntnbikerbw is just really nice

Army: Retired after 20 years.
Name: Bill
mntnbikerbw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks,
Grilla
I'm in a similar boat as GrIlLa here....I have a '14 Tacoma TRD that I would like to lift about 3", but I will be doing some off roading up at Turkey Bay (KY). Since I know absolutely NOTHING mechanical, I have no idea what to get/do to the truck. The tire size/setup will obviously depend on the lift I get.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 03-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #114
HHogrider will become famous soon enough

Army: SFC, Field Artillery
Name: Mark
HHogrider's Tacoma Gallery
lift

Quote:
Thanks,
Grilla
OME 885 with top plate spacers (left trim packer), Dakars, carrier bearing drop, SS brake lines. Had to trim for 33's. You'll chop like mad for 35's
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension Lift Info includes pics-img_3121.jpg   Suspension Lift Info includes pics-img_3119.jpg  
Old 03-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #115
Jhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Jhodgman's Tacoma Gallery
So maybe I read it wrong but the OP says you dont get added clearance from a lift?
that doesnt make sense to me can someone explain please
Old 04-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #116
Executive Procrastinator
AlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Midshipman, United States Naval Academy Class of '15
AlbinoCuban's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for later use
Old 04-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #117
DPC08 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
DPC08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhodgman View Post
So maybe I read it wrong but the OP says you dont get added clearance from a lift?
that doesnt make sense to me can someone explain please

Extra clearance will come from bigger tires. Your clearance will still be measured to the lowest point which will be places like your rear axle differential housing. While some parts of your truck will be higher, lifting doesn't change the fact that the space from the ground to axle/LCA/whatever will still be the same. Lifting the truck will allow larger tires (to a degree) which will give you more clearance.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #118
pasotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
pasotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any advise on which company's leaf springs to get? Deaver, OME, ProComp, Alcan?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #119
woodssyndicate is on a distinguished road

woodssyndicate's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 05-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #120
Gladhands is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
Gladhands's Tacoma Gallery
I am currently looking to add a lift to my 09 tacoma trd off road and this was a great source of information! Thanks for the post!